2014 Compass Mods - Pictures Included - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 10-28-2014, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

2014 Compass Mods - Pictures Included

Hey guys,

This is one of my first posts, just wanted to share some of my mods and experiences. I have owned many cars, and I recently came from Audi (3 total) before purchasing my brand new Jeep Compass with the latitude package. So far I am very pleased, it has some great features that my Audi had: Bluetooth, Satellite Radio, Heated Seats, & Remote Start. Along with the 4x4 and now a pretty efficient 4cyl (coming form a 3.2L V6 FSI), I am excited to put some miles on it.

So far i have changed all interior lights to LED's including license plate lights and reverse lights.

6000K HID's top and bottom, a relay harness is required for the top or else it will throws the NO BUS issues, after i installed a relay to pull direct power from the battery I have had NO issues (where you connect the positive wire to the battery terminal DOES matter btw).

Plastidip stock rims black to give it a little more of a sport look. I also purchased 20" rims for the summer, pictures below are just a test fit, they need bigger profile tires all around.

Bull bar install (figured it would help a little with parking in the city 2-3 times a week and others not being so careful when parking).

Front window tint - its illegal in NY, had it on all my cars, i just cope with the consequences, at the end of the day i like the look, privacy, and keeping the sun out.

3 inch CF stubby antenna & a chrome exhaust tip - exhaust tip just looked unfinished and cheap.

Just sharing some pics, thanks for looking.
-Ryan

Last edited by ryan516; 10-28-2014 at 05:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-30-2014, 04:52 AM

Garage
I haven't seen many dark gray ones, Looks great! Have you had any problems with the interior LED lights? I been meaning to do the same but im not sure if the can-bus will like it.

2014 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
post #3 of 15 Old 10-30-2014, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I've had LED's inside my 2012 Compass from day 1, zero message from canbus, I think on these vehicles we are lucky since there is no bulb out warnings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-30-2014, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEF1ANT View Post
I haven't seen many dark gray ones, Looks great! Have you had any problems with the interior LED lights? I been meaning to do the same but im not sure if the can-bus will like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
I've had LED's inside my 2012 Compass from day 1, zero message from canbus, I think on these vehicles we are lucky since there is no bulb out warnings.
Same here, no issues with the interior LED's, they are super bright, and still dim out.

Thanks,

Ryan
post #5 of 15 Old 10-30-2014, 10:57 PM

Garage
Ah ok thank you, then thats going to be my next upgrade

2014 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
post #6 of 15 Old 10-31-2014, 04:51 PM

Garage
Nice lowered Riv, by the way...
post #7 of 15 Old 11-01-2014, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstrom99 View Post
Nice lowered Riv, by the way...
Thanks!

My project car, 63 riv on air suspension

post #8 of 15 Old 11-01-2014, 11:09 AM

For the top hid relay.
Where do you have to connect the wire to the red terminal of the battery?
I've been having problems with the lights blinking even when connected to the battery.

Thanks.
post #9 of 15 Old 11-02-2014, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5un1688 View Post
For the top hid relay.
Where do you have to connect the wire to the red terminal of the battery?
I've been having problems with the lights blinking even when connected to the battery.

Thanks.
See the image below, i attached the ring terminal to the bolt that holds tightens the terminal, and not the other two bolts pointing upwards.

post #10 of 15 Old 11-05-2014, 05:18 AM

That's a sweet ride, nice! Interior and LED light is neat.
post #11 of 15 Old 03-25-2015, 01:17 AM

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How much did you pay for the Bull Bar?
Can you link
post #12 of 15 Old 08-29-2015, 04:59 AM

Hello,

Jeep looks great man. I bought a bull bar myself what brand is that? Black horse by chance?.
post #13 of 15 Old 08-29-2015, 10:08 PM

what is the numbers for the plate, interior, and reverse light leds?
post #14 of 15 Old 11-04-2015, 11:09 PM

2014 compass mods

Hey, you guys and girls want to improve performance!
1.Change out oil for amsoil crankcase signature 3000 series.
2.Replace air filt. w/ the oil bath units on the market. But purchase one from any manufacturer that will fit in the original air filt. housing. Use spacers to lift top so new air filter fits.
3. And change out the CVT trans . fluid w/ amsoil CVT transmission fluid. The Mopar fluid in comparison really does the tranny no good at all. The change in the habit of performance is amazing!
4. Replace the spark plugs w/ Pulse Star plugs (they are the only change in spark plug technology since the dark ages. Get iridium tips.) and change the performance of the 2.4L IN AN AMAZING WAY. pulsestarplugs.com
Hello, my name is Curt Schimanski, I own a 2012 compass latitude.
post #15 of 15 Old 11-06-2015, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey, you guys and girls want to improve performance!
1.Change out oil for amsoil crankcase signature 3000 series.
2.Replace air filt. w/ the oil bath units on the market. But purchase one from any manufacturer that will fit in the original air filt. housing. Use spacers to lift top so new air filter fits.
3. And change out the CVT trans . fluid w/ amsoil CVT transmission fluid. The Mopar fluid in comparison really does the tranny no good at all. The change in the habit of performance is amazing!
4. Replace the spark plugs w/ Pulse Star plugs (they are the only change in spark plug technology since the dark ages. Get iridium tips.) and change the performance of the 2.4L IN AN AMAZING WAY. pulsestarplugs.com
Hello, my name is Curt Schimanski, I own a 2012 compass latitude.
I"M not really so sure that changing the CVT fluid from mopar, really helps its. Think about it there are thousands of these vehicles out there with Mopar fluid from the factory and they don't have issues, in fact you screw the warranty if you put anything other than Mopar fluid in it, but it's your vehicle.

I"ve had 2 of these vehicles, and used Mopar fluid, zero issues, I also beat the **** out of my compass offroad and really push the transmission.

I have the K&N intake, and while it doesn't do much for performance it has resulted in a 1.5L/100kms decrease in fuel consumption

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in