Mileage? (Canadian) - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 17 Old 05-14-2007, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Mileage? (Canadian)

I'm wondering how many Km's Canadian Compass owners are getting on a Full Tank of gas?

What's the least you've got?
What's the most you've got?
What do you usually get?

And is this highway / city mix or just highway or just city?

Thanks!

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-14-2007, 05:22 PM
ACX

G/F does most of the piloting.

that being said I think the best was in the neighborhood of 500 to 1 tank - all highway.
worst ws upper mid 300s when the thing was brand new, mostly city.

I still maintain this CVT is rough for mileage - easy for it to go downhill if you have a heavy foot.

I can pt around town easily an have 9.2/100 showing on the fuel economy estimator. Highway I think thebest observed was around 8 flat.
post #3 of 17 Old 05-15-2007, 03:16 PM

around 365 on my first tank of gas.

sorry, that's all the km i have on the my compass at the moment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 05-15-2007, 05:48 PM
ACX

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth wolf
around 365 on my first tank of gas.

sorry, that's all the km i have on the my compass at the moment
our first few tanks were poor - between the vehicle breaking in, and learning how to drive the CVT somewhat consistantly / gingerly..

I must admit having that estimator display is nice, it really acts as a conscience for me.

:lol:
post #5 of 17 Old 05-17-2007, 01:10 AM

90% highway, 9% city, 1% relax'n

averaging 9.9 L / 100km,

went for a long trip and dropped my litres to 9.1/100km

My Compass:
Silver North 4x4 CVT
post #6 of 17 Old 05-24-2007, 03:12 AM

The first few tanks were during winter. I never went more than 350 km on one tank and believe me, this was a full tank, gas was spilling a couple of times because I tried to go to the gas station less often and I completely emptied it one time to make sure the gage wasn't bad... Bottom line, it wasn't.

Now, the weather has warmed up, no snow anymore, temperatures averaging 20 degree celsius and about 12,000km on the meter. I'm having a much more satisfying ride but it is not good enough. The best I've had so far was about 480km on a full tank (very very full to about half a liter remaining)

All of this is a mix of city/highway driving. More highway driving in kilometers but equal in time (ie 10 minutes city for 10 minutes highway, usually, every day).

I now use the cruise control everytime I can on the highway, I drive around 105 to 115 kilometers per hour depending on traffic and which route/highway I'm on.

Conclusion, my mileage is much better now than it was. I guess it is because it was brand new and now that the break in is pretty much done it is getting better and better.

I estimate that, highway only, I would do about 500 kilometers but not much more than that.

By the way, the worst I had was about 250 kilometers.

I had:

4x4 mode on
ESP OFF (completely off, not partially like when you press the button while driving, you have to follow a procedure to do it, I can explain if necessary)

... and fun in the snow for 2 hours doing tailspins, slips and almost flipping the truck over 1 or 2 times, hehehe.

Costly on the gas but I had so much fun. I'll try the same this summer in the mud or sand if I can. The fuel consumption meter went around 27 liters per 100 kilometers at one point, this is where I decided that this was getting too costly to do hehehe.

RedVortex

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4
Steel Blue, 26E, CVT, Boston Acoustics, Sec. grp.
Heated seats, Driver's convenience grp.
post #7 of 17 Old 06-11-2007, 06:43 PM

Got my Compass Sports 4x4 stick shift a month ago (May 8th '07)
My City is about 21mpg
City/Highway at 60miles per hour is about 23.5mpg
I haven't tried full highway yet...

Nowhere near the 26/30mpg...I hope it'll get better than that.

Jeep Compass SPORTS 4X4 - Manual
Marine Pearl Blue
post #8 of 17 Old 06-12-2007, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVortex
The first few tanks were during winter. I never went more than 350 km on one tank and believe me, this was a full tank, gas was spilling a couple of times because I tried to go to the gas station less often and I completely emptied it one time to make sure the gage wasn't bad... Bottom line, it wasn't.

Now, the weather has warmed up, no snow anymore, temperatures averaging 20 degree celsius and about 12,000km on the meter. I'm having a much more satisfying ride but it is not good enough. The best I've had so far was about 480km on a full tank (very very full to about half a liter remaining)

All of this is a mix of city/highway driving. More highway driving in kilometers but equal in time (ie 10 minutes city for 10 minutes highway, usually, every day).

I now use the cruise control everytime I can on the highway, I drive around 105 to 115 kilometers per hour depending on traffic and which route/highway I'm on.

Conclusion, my mileage is much better now than it was. I guess it is because it was brand new and now that the break in is pretty much done it is getting better and better.

I estimate that, highway only, I would do about 500 kilometers but not much more than that.

By the way, the worst I had was about 250 kilometers.

I had:

4x4 mode on
ESP OFF (completely off, not partially like when you press the button while driving, you have to follow a procedure to do it, I can explain if necessary)

... and fun in the snow for 2 hours doing tailspins, slips and almost flipping the truck over 1 or 2 times, hehehe.

Costly on the gas but I had so much fun. I'll try the same this summer in the mud or sand if I can. The fuel consumption meter went around 27 liters per 100 kilometers at one point, this is where I decided that this was getting too costly to do hehehe.

RedVortex
That was probably the Winter Gas you don't get as good mileage on the Winter Gas as the Summer Gas.

:!:

post #9 of 17 Old 06-15-2007, 02:00 AM

We're now about in summer and I'm still unable to get over 400 kilometers on one tank (and believe me, it is very empty at the end cause I put 51 liters in it, it is maxed out)

Best I did was about 470 once with only, ONLY, highway driving on cruise control at around 110 kilometers per hour. It is not even close to was its advertised.

RedVortex

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4
Steel Blue, 26E, CVT, Boston Acoustics, Sec. grp.
Heated seats, Driver's convenience grp.
post #10 of 17 Old 06-15-2007, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
We're now about in summer and I'm still unable to get over 400 kilometers on one tank (and believe me, it is very empty at the end cause I put 51 liters in it, it is maxed out)

Best I did was about 470 once with only, ONLY, highway driving on cruise control at around 110 kilometers per hour. It is not even close to was its advertised.

RedVortex
Is it possible that something is wrong? Other people on this Forum seem to be getting much better mileage.

:

post #11 of 17 Old 06-15-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:

RedVortex
Try slowing down. If you travel 80 km/hr you will get closer to what they advertise. I definitely don't get what they advertise either..about 10.1L/100km and that is mostly highway (about 90%?) doing 100km/hr. My compass doesn't like any sort of idling/city driving nor speed and is even worse in winter. Our 3/4 ton diesel truck gets better fuel economy in the winter than my compass and is only slightly worse in the summer.
post #12 of 17 Old 11-12-2007, 01:05 AM

Garage
At 8400kms average fuel consumed:
11.1 liters per 100km,
21.2 MPG/US or
25.5 MPG/Imp.
Thats with the 5-speed, mixed moderate driving.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #13 of 17 Old 01-02-2009, 04:30 AM

mileage update

i have a 2007 jeep compass,2.4 liter,automatic,4x4, a/c,drive 110kms one way to work 98% highway,low traffic,drive at between 90 to 100 kms per hour, try to keep rpms under 2000, got 525 to 550kms winter, summer got an average of 575 to 625 kms on a tank of gas or about 42 liters on per fill up.
post #14 of 17 Old 01-25-2009, 12:45 PM

The best I get on my 08 2.4L is 375KMs on the highway at the moment. Traveling to Florida in March and hoping for around 450 KMs. Will let you know.

Redwingfan

08 Jeep Compass 2.4L, (CVT) 2X4
Sunroof
K&N Airfilter
post #15 of 17 Old 01-25-2009, 09:40 PM

Dear RED VORTEX and all, you wrote<: ESP OFF (completely off, not partially like when you press the button while driving, you have to follow a procedure to do it, I can explain if necessary)

can you give me more explanation please?

Can you also explain me if there is a particular procedure to have the complete automatic block of the doors during the travel or you have to block them every time manuallly?

I will have the European Diesel version 2.0 liters, do you guys know how many liters for 100 KM? (average of course)
post #16 of 17 Old 02-18-2009, 01:41 AM

Crummy Mileage

My 09 average so far is 13.49L/100KM or 17.65MPG

I am lucky to get 350 - 400 km on a tank right now.

The one thing I noticed is that my RPM's seem to sit around the 1000 mark in gear sometimes a little more. It can take a long time after the temp gauge reaches its operating area before the car drops back to 550. And if you turn it off for a minute or two, its another 20 - 30 mins of driving before it slows down.

Guess I should ask the dealer. I have keep mileage logs since I bought it in '07

Its an 08, North Edition, 2.4 CVT, 4X4
post #17 of 17 Old 05-03-2009, 12:03 PM

Garage
Smile Gas consumption update

I've been watching my consumption since new and coming up to 25,000km can report:
12.4L/100km or 22.4MPG-Imp. (19MPG-US).
Not terrible for a 4X4 under moderate driving.
If the gas tank could be just another 5 or 10 liters, the range would be that much better.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by i2canoe; 05-03-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in