LPG conversion - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 09-11-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

LPG conversion

hey everyone, wanted some opinions on a thought of mine to convert to LPG. Petrol in Greece is 1.60 USdollars per liter...and LPS is about half that.. The cost benefit is tremendous.. Anyone has any experience or info on this? Conversion cost is about 1500 dollars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-13-2010, 02:46 AM

Most of the petrol Compasses here in Bulgaria are running on LPG. Because the 2.4 engine is giving a high fuel consumption (especially with the automatic transmisions) so probably i dont it`s not gonna be any problem in Greece, try to find a company who will give you gurantee for the LPG instalation.
Also I can recomment Liquid Phase LPG. It is a lil bit more expensive, but the benefits are great! - i wished to put a link to a page explaining about the liquid phase systems, but I got forum restrictions, you can google it
Also ask can the put your LPG fuel cap under the regular fuel cap, because personally for me is ugly to drill the bumper of the car and put the LPG fuel cap there. Also if you can live without spare tire, you can ask to put the LPG tank there and save trunk space. It is all up to you.

Good luck! Post some pics later
post #3 of 6 Old 09-13-2010, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

thanks.. will take a look!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, thomas156 since I see you're new here! LPG conversion is something I have heard of but not too familiar with, so be sure to keep us posted, the info would be great for others here who may be considering a similar setup!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #5 of 6 Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Hi Again... picked up the car from the installation yesterday. It seems that there is an issue as the car "kicks" around 1,500 to 2000 rpm, when it downshifts. (I have the CVT). The installer is the direct importer of the LPG kits and they said they will take a look at it to make some adjustments... not so sure.. will keep you posted! FYI, I filled the LPG tank with 40 euros @ 0.79 euros per liter , while gasoline is 1.7 euros per liter... which would have cost me around 80 euros... This better work!
post #6 of 6 Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

After having the car in the installers of the LPG system off and on.. new wire harness etc.. the issue was solved with an engine update as described in the service bulleting. Thanks to these forums, I discovered this TSB and the problem is 99% gone... the dealer was hesitant as to if it would improve the problem but it worked..

I recomend this to all owners of 2007 models

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Patriot/TSB/tsb_1803107.pdf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in