2014 Lattitude - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By gstrom99

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 11-19-2014, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up 2014 Lattitude

Hi all,

I purchased a 2014 Compass Latitude in September and a few things bothered me right out of the gate. I'm 6 feet tall and I just cant find the sweet spot regarding seat adjustment. I was less than impressed with the horn (U.S.) as well. Long story short...

I installed a new horn (Wolo 320-2T Maxi Sound Universal Horn) and this was a piece of cake. I disconnected the wire to the original horn and made a bracket up in the engine compartment. All needed was a new bracket and apx. 2 ft. of wire and a few wire connectors. No relay or additional power needed. The bracket is apx 8" piece of steel and is attached to an existing ground screw on the frame.

The drivers seat felt like it needed to be a little higher in the front. I almost felt like I was sliding forward (slight exaggeration). I installed two 3/4" spacers under the front seat mounts and that makes quite a difference. FYI 3/4 is the max if you want to use the original bolts holding the seat to the chassis. For the spacer I had a piece of 1" PVC and just cut two 3/4" lengths. I'm sure this would be considered unsafe by the NTSB but it was getting uncomfortable on long trips.

All in all I really like my Compass. in a few years I plan on stepping up to a Grand Cherokee but until then I'm good

If you're wondering I live in upstate NY (snow snow snow) and got the 4x4 FDI with all weather, sun/sound and Uconnect. Having the slightly more agressive Wrangler SR/A should help out
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg horn.jpeg (128.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpeg seat.jpeg (153.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpeg seat2.jpeg (105.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by BubbaKen; 11-19-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-19-2014, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

closer pic of the horn

closer pic of the horn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1.jpg (69.5 KB, 13 views)
post #3 of 9 Old 11-19-2014, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

ok... I'm on a roll

I'm suprised to say the least to see the engineers put the USB port hidden in the glove box. I bought a cheap 10' cable and ran it from the glove box to the console. I drilled a (sloppy) hole in the base of the console and now I have ipod/iphone integration lke everyone else

I think I'm now good
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2.jpg (41.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg image-3.jpg (47.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg image-4.jpg (63.7 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-19-2014, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

outside

And if you were wondering this is my baby.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image-5.jpeg (141.8 KB, 26 views)
post #5 of 9 Old 11-20-2014, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
You forgot to mention its a FDII Compass, looks sharp mod it up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #6 of 9 Old 11-20-2014, 05:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
You forgot to mention its a FDII Compass, looks sharp mod it up!
Looks good! The OP wrote it was a FD1. I was wondering how it had the FD2 facia (which I had swapped on mine...). I really like the seat spacer upgrade, I have the same feeling and will prolly do the same. I solved my horn "issue" by just adding a high note horn with bracket down inside the bumper area. The one thing that I found REALLY wierd, is that the horn is only a standard "spade" connector. Even the 2002 Stratus horn I added had the new "weatherproof" connectors. Why not my 2014???
post #7 of 9 Old 11-21-2014, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstrom99 View Post
Looks good! The OP wrote it was a FD1. I was wondering how it had the FD2 facia (which I had swapped on mine...). I really like the seat spacer upgrade, I have the same feeling and will prolly do the same. I solved my horn "issue" by just adding a high note horn with bracket down inside the bumper area. The one thing that I found REALLY wierd, is that the horn is only a standard "spade" connector. Even the 2002 Stratus horn I added had the new "weatherproof" connectors. Why not my 2014???
The All weather package got the facia upgrade.

ALL WEATHER CAPABILITY GROUP - Engine Block Heater, All-Season Floor Mats, High Beam Daytime Running Headlamps, Tow Hooks, Tires: P215/65R17 OWL All Terrain

Last edited by BubbaKen; 11-21-2014 at 03:06 PM.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-25-2014, 08:08 PM

Garage
I did the seat spacer mod. I used a couple of heavy brass bushings under the seat frame front which resulted in about a 5/8" lift. Perfect!
BubbaKen likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-01-2014, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

I need a little uconnect/radio help. When I try to use the USB port with my phone the USB cable light slowly flashes and it doesent connect to my phone nor does it charge it. I thought it was the cable I reciently purchased but the original apple cable does the same thing. iPhone 4 running 7.1.2

When I go to the uconnect website it says there is no update for my 2014 Jeep PATRIOT lattitude. Freaking Chrysler is a mess...

Any assistance is appreciated.

2014 Granite FDI 2.4L 4x4 Jeep Compass Lattitude

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in