Help with 2007 compass - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 12-29-2014, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Help with 2007 compass

Hello, have a 2007 with around 110k miles for the last month or so it has been running a little rough here and there when accelerating, so I finally took it in yesterday and got the codes ran and was told that 3 of the 4 coils where showing faults? I went ahead and ordered 4 new coills. Not even 2 miles down the road after leaving the parts store the car dies at a stop and won't start. I let it sit over night and today went to replace the coils the first 3 popped right out no problem however the 4th coil will not come out it appears to be seized in there I have tried prying twisting and pulling and it will not budge. I went ahead and replaced the three coils that I got out and it still will not start. And I now have noticed that the lighting bolt symbol (ETC)? Light is on. I would think that if the coils where the issue that It would have started even if assuming the 4th coil I can't get out is bad wouldn't it start on 3 cylinders. Any help would be appreciated and if anybody has any tricks on getting the coil out.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-15-2015, 12:52 PM

it might start on 3 cylinders but i dont think you can count on that

if the coils are bad the spark plugs are usually bad too so i would start by also replacing all the spark plugs. you might wana consider doing spark plug wires now as well as usually the whole system (cap and rotor, wires, plugs, coils) will all be worn at around the same time.

that being said i see no other option for you but to try and get out that last coil that is stuck and change it to see if the car will start. then you could move on to other stuff

sorry, i really dont kno how to go about getting a stuck coil out though. when i did mine they all came out easy. careful prying it from just one side as it will be easier to break it that way.

try using two pry tools, or screw drivers to pry two sides at one time

07 compass 2.4L 4x4 CVT: (all stock)
wifes car...when it breaks its my headache... Located in the US
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with the following statement... DO NOT BUY A COMPASS
post #3 of 3 Old 01-19-2015, 04:31 PM

Exclamation Wiring harness problems 2007 Compass

Hi:
I have a 2007 Compass with 105,000km on the odometer and I've had nothing but problems with it. The latest was the dash warning lights started lighting up and to make a long story short, if you are getting weird messages showing on your alarm console get your mechanic to check the wiring harness. Mine was completed rotted out and I had to replace the entire wiring harness, the fuse panel and the cars computer system.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in