Why I cannot see the gas consumption? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Why I cannot see the gas consumption?

Hi,

I have a Compass North which can display Temperature and Trip on the LCD display but not gas consumption. The Dealer said that I need another computer for this feature. In my understanding that is very weird since my computer anyway reads the gas consumption right now. I was hoping that I can have this feature by upgrading the firmware in the computer. Moreover, there is a Ecometer available for Compass able to read MPG value via OBD connector so MPG value is there anyway. Any idea?
BTW, I couldn't find Ecometer available in Canada, if you know a place/site please give me a link.

Thanks,
Andrei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Well first, welcome to the forum, since I see you're new here! What year is your Compass? And I take it yours is not equipped with the EVIC system where you just push the trip reset button a number of times to scroll through the different readings? I'm not sure about another computer, but I do believe if you get a data logger and plug it into your OBD port, it gives you a lot of info as to what's going on with the engine, mpg, etc. I'll see if I can't find something. Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

My Compass is 2009 and if I push trip reset button I can see tripA, tripB and Temperature only but not gas consumption. I take a look to find a data logger but would be much better for me if I can upgrade the computer f/w to add MPG on LCD. Data logger requires unpleasent cables, a new display, space and a new temptation thiefs. After only one week I bought my car, a thief broke the front-left window just to take GPS mounting support!

Thanks,
Andrei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Garage
According to my research you cannot upgrade to EVIC if your vehicle did not come with it. Judgeing that you have a 09 without EVIC im gonna assume you have a sport model, as the EVIC became standard on Limited models in 08.

here is a link to another jeep forum explaining it
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/u...ssible-563556/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #5 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 02:22 PM

Wow Adrei, stealing the support. I move mine around from one to another and never worried about it being stolen.

My Compass is the same dash as yours. Apparently they build different instrument clusters rather than just one for these and allow additional info in the dash. As for delving into the OBDII computer you can use a Scangauge II. I does what you're after and a lot more. Details are on their website.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #6 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Wow, they broke in just to take the support? That's low! Guess I just don't understand the mentality that motivates some people these days.....

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #7 of 11 Old 10-21-2010, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for details,
Andrei
post #8 of 11 Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 PM

Hey, I had someone steal my black antenna and replace it... yes REPLACE it with an unpainted one... at least, ya, they REPLACED it... wtf

2009 Limited 4x4, "Black Pearl", RER infotainment, leather, sunroof, airbox mod, CVTII, cleaned 2 times a week, 9.1L/100km avg.
post #9 of 11 Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 PM

Wow, Hope your ride is silver then if its unpainted it'll go ok I guess. Don't know where you park but that is something.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #10 of 11 Old 10-27-2010, 10:59 AM

Boy, are we polite in Ont.

Tony

2009 Silver Northern Edition
Picked up Spring 2010

Go Sens Go
post #11 of 11 Old 10-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Now that is definitely interesting eric, wonder why they didn't just ASK to swap ya antennas lol.

- Cherokee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in