Fuel Filter... - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 12-18-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Fuel Filter...

Winter Upon us now and the Cooler Temps setting in. The Wife had noticed the Fuel Mileage was down on the Compass, I do know I loose about 75 km's on average to a Tank during the colder part of Winter. I changed the Spark Plugs ( Originals ) speedo just turned 80,000... Changed the Air Filter. Now my question how often should the Fuel Filter be changed ?? Can't remember if in fact the Fuel Filter was automatically changed when Compass was in for it's scheduled Warranty checkup....... One finally query ?? Doesn't the Oil Companies use a Winter Blended Fuel once the colder climates come ??

2008 Jeep Compass , Northern Edition 2X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Can't remember changing any fuel filters on any cars I had..........and as for the oil company............they really don't car about your climate or adding stuff in their gas......I believe it's only a marketing gimmick to jack up the price even more........

My 2 cents.............

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-19-2010, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Feel for life;12466]Can't remember changing any fuel filters on any cars I had..........and as for the oil company............they really don't car about your climate or adding stuff in their gas......I believe it's only a marketing gimmick to jack up the price even more........

My 2 cents............. [/QUOTE

I suppose it depends on where the Filter is actually located....Just the effort to remove & replace....... 10 - 4 on the Marketing Gimmick. Remember now we have to be Politically Correct . The Federal Senate has voted to drop the Penny so therefore Your 2 cents when you figure in the cost of making a penny puts it at 3 cents tipping the scale to a " Nickels Worth ". Thanks

2008 Jeep Compass , Northern Edition 2X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Administrator

LOL HighwayNine, adjusting for inflation eh, so now what used to be a cheap .02 is now a pretty expensive nickel lol. As for the different fuel in winter, yes, there are winter blends, even here in LA, basically just a bit more ethanol than what's used for the summer, which will affect your fuel mileage. Check with your service department to see if they changed your fuel filter, but they can give you Chrysler's recommendation for when it needs changed.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in