Tale of the compass in Moab - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GEMA_Phil

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 04-02-2015, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Tale of the compass in Moab

Why is it that Jeep does all these videos of the trailhawk and the grand Cherokee doing Moab but not the Compass 4x4 Freedom drive ll. Can it not climb the same hills or what? Please remember I'm not talking about personal videos but Jeep videos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-05-2015, 11:54 PM

I don't know who this guy is, but I checked this out prior to buying my Compass last week. Mine is FWD, so no rock climbing for me, but the little 4wd in this video seemed to do OK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1HgYrSTYIA

BusterOz likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-06-2015, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The compass in FDII trim does alright offroad. I'm heavily modified and the biggest limitation is lack of power from the engine and no low range
On very steep climbs it basically bogs down and doesn't move. It uses brake based traction control to control individual wheels speed. So on an uphill include with little traction the vehicle can also bog down. For other things that Don't involve big in inclines and hills the compass can do pretty good, if you don't have the fdii option you are going to want to add skid plates and get better tires. A lift also isn't a bad idea either. Search jeep compass offroad on YouTube I have lots of videos up of my jeep.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-06-2015, 10:22 AM

Garage
that's one reason I like my manual I have those low gears to make it up some pretty steep hill easily which ui have done even pulling a small trailer with it
post #5 of 8 Old 04-06-2015, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys I was just wondering but now I know what to expect when I do go offroading
post #6 of 8 Old 04-07-2015, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordReddawg View Post
that's one reason I like my manual I have those low gears to make it up some pretty steep hill easily which ui have done even pulling a small trailer with it
FDII's technically have lower gears, but the manual has its advantage of not bogging down like the cvt does sometimes.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #7 of 8 Old 04-10-2015, 02:46 AM

does neone know where that compass in that you tube video got those fender flares and what brand they and the lift kit are and where can you get that blacked out front fascia ?
post #8 of 8 Old 04-10-2015, 05:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrider View Post
does neone know where that compass in that you tube video got those fender flares and what brand they and the lift kit are and where can you get that blacked out front fascia ?
Man a lot of questions lol the lift is by RRO 2 1/4" lift (Rocky-Road) I bought the blacked out front grill for my jeep after having the plastic dip on got tired of having to paint them every year and the fender I don't know which ones u mean but im looking into some that looks like the ones on the FDII models and waiting on price ill get it to u when I get it for me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in