Jeep Compass Research - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 18 Old 12-29-2010, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Jeep Compass Research

Hi,

I'm doing a research for my study. I need to describe the owners of a jeep compass. So i hope you can answer a few questions for me.

What is your age

What is the main reason you have chosen the Jeep Compass

For what kind of business/things do you use the car

What are the biggest benefits of the Jeep Compass

And what are the biggest disadvantages of the Jeep Compass

Is the Jeep Compass your main car or do you use it as a second or maybe third car?

Thanks a lot for helping me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-29-2010, 06:14 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=DeTonzster;12539]Hi,

I'm doing a research for my study. I need to describe the owners of a jeep compass. So i hope you can answer a few questions for me.

What is your age 48

What is the main reason you have chosen the Jeep Compass Style, Economey (European car so has VW Diesel powerplant, 45mpg and low annual car taxation. Low running costs)

For what kind of business/things do you use the car Visiting Work sites (I am a technical officer with the local Roads Authority in Northern Ireland. I am in the Bridges Section and thus travel a lot of rural Minor Roads to inspect bridges and small culverts) and Family Usage

What are the biggest benefits of the Jeep Compass Compact size for urban usage and versatility in rural situations. ie. 4X4

And what are the biggest disadvantages of the Jeep Compass Lack of customer service

Is the Jeep Compass your main car or do you use it as a second or maybe third car? Main car

Thanks a lot for helping me No bother Buddy QUOTE]

I live in the County town of Tyrone, Omagh which has a population of 22,182, and I have the only Jeep Compass in Omagh. There is also only 1 Jeep Patriot in Omagh. Jeep would not be a big seller in Northern Ireland.

Last edited by raff; 12-30-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Updating question
post #3 of 18 Old 12-29-2010, 06:34 PM

Garage
What is your age 21

What is the main reason you have chosen the Jeep Compass The compass was one of the only SUV with manual transmissions available, the 4x4, more room than a car

For what kind of business/things do you use the car Personnal use, but I play drum and guitar so I need room.

What are the biggest benefits of the Jeep Compass The compass was one of the only SUV with manual transmissions available, the 4x4, more room than a car

And what are the biggest disadvantages of the Jeep Compass Blind spots, a bit too low, pretty small engine, cracking noises inside when very cold

Is the Jeep Compass your main car or do you use it as a second or maybe third car? Main car for the moment but will eventually be my winter car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HID Trois-Rivières /
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 12-29-2010, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=raff;12541]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTonzster View Post
Hi,

What is your age 48

What is the main reason you have chosen the Jeep Compass Style, Economey

For what kind of business/things do you use the car Visiting Work sites and Family Usage

What are the biggest benefits of the Jeep Compass Compact size for urban usage and versatility in rural situations. ie. 4X4

And what are the biggest disadvantages of the Jeep Compass Lack of customer service

Is the Jeep Compass your main car or do you use it as a second or maybe third car? Main car

Thanks a lot for helping me No bother Buddy QUOTE]
Thanks a lot!
Can you explain me what you mean with the main reason 'economy'? And what kind of work sites do you visit? Are they off road/rural?
post #5 of 18 Old 12-29-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Thankyou very much
post #6 of 18 Old 12-30-2010, 03:23 AM
Administrator

I'm just curious as to what type research/study you're doing and where will the information you collect be compiled? Are you only researching Jeep Compass owners?

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #7 of 18 Old 12-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

We always welcome people from the Netherland such as yourself......tell us more about your project ....I'm curious too !!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #8 of 18 Old 12-30-2010, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

I'm researching for a project at the university of Groningen, it's about the failure of the Jeep Compass in Holland. Jeep only sold 18 models last year and we (My research team and I) are investigating the cause of it so we can make recommendations to Jeep to place it better in the market. My part of the research is to find out more about the customers of the Compass and since there are only sold 18 cars in holland last year i'm moving research area to other Country's. Main criteria of my research are the 6 W's of Ferrel,

Who are buying
What are they doing with the Compass
When are they buying
Where are they buying
Why do they buy
Why do they not buy

So if you have any information about the 6 thing's above, you'll help me alot =)

Think about the questions

Who are you? Explain a little bit of yourself
What's are you doing with your purchase
When did you buy it
And why did you do that,
If you didn't buy the Compass, what should be the reason

Greeetz from holland!
post #9 of 18 Old 12-31-2010, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Jeep Compass Research

Wow only 18 units sold in Holland last year??? Very interesting research project for sure, definitely hope the recommendations that you come up with result in positive changes, particularly in the markets where the Compass faltered. IMO, they were off in their ad campaign, it was not geared correctly to the target audience and with that, they missed their chance to really capitalize on the Compass and its features, first impressions being worth a lot these days. That being said, here is my contribution to your research:

What is your age - 30 (at time of purchase in December of 2006)

What is the main reason you have chosen the Jeep Compass - Styling and fuel economy were the two main reasons. The time had come where my Cherokee needed some work and was becoming less dependable as a daily driver. I definitely wanted another Jeep and was just waiting for them to come out with something I just had to have and the Compass was it, at first sight, even before it had a price on it.

For what kind of business/things do you use the car - Personal use/everyday type of things

What are the biggest benefits of the Jeep Compass - Fuel savings come to mind first, followed by the safety features and comfort

And what are the biggest disadvantages of the Jeep Compass - Have to agree with the blind spots, has to be my biggest complaint

Is the Jeep Compass your main car or do you use it as a second or maybe third car? - Primary vehicle at the time but still drove my Cherokee as well, mainly on the rainy/nasty days.

Hope this helps and definitely keep us posted on your research!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #10 of 18 Old 01-01-2011, 02:07 PM

Garage
Profiles

[QUOTE=DeTonzster;12539]Hi,

What is your age: 57

What is the main reason you have chosen the Jeep Compass: Ability to carry a canoe smartly, four wheel drive, and automatic transmission. Not to mention the great looks and smart use of the Jeep's trade mark grill and large round headlights.

For what kind of business/things do you use the car: Daily commute 15km, weekend trips to canoe-country 400km.

What are the biggest benefits of the Jeep Compass: Four wheel drive, good cargo capacity, good roof rack.

And what are the biggest disadvantages of the Jeep Compass: No proper front or rear tie down points for canoe when on roof-rack

Is the Jeep Compass your main car or do you use it as a second or maybe third car? - Main machine.

Good luck with your study.
post #11 of 18 Old 01-04-2011, 03:08 PM

Hope that it is not too late to provide my input:

What is your age: 54 y/o female

What is the main reason you have chosen the Jeep Compass: Needed a new car, our newest car at the time was 12 years old, with 130,000 miles

For what kind of business/things do you use the car: General Transportation, Running Errands, and Shopping, etc.

What are the biggest benefits of the Jeep Compass:
Affordability: fit our budget, got a good rebate, Good Gas costs
Always wanted a Jeep
Always but American
Safety
Styling - like the Classic Jeep Front End
Size - not too big/not too small
Adequate Cargo Space
Handing: Fun to drive, Like Rack & Pinion steering, Peppy, Good Pickup

And what are the biggest disadvantages of the Jeep Compass: The blind spots

Is the Jeep Compass your main car or do you use it as a second or maybe third car? Primary vehicle

A girl and her Jeep - a beautiful thing

Barbara Frechette
2010 White Jeep Cherokee Sport
St. Paul, MN, USA
post #12 of 18 Old 01-05-2011, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot everyone!

Now i have a few final questions to complete my research:

In a few months the 2wheeldrive Compass will be introduced in Holland, did the introduction of the 2wheeldrive in USA affect your decision of buying the car in any way?

Did the introduction of the 2wheeldrive changed your opinion regarding the 'rugged terrain' image that Jeep always had?

And finally, Are you happy with your jeep?
post #13 of 18 Old 01-05-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTonzster View Post
Thanks a lot everyone!

Now i have a few final questions to complete my research:

In a few months the 2wheeldrive Compass will be introduced in Holland, did the introduction of the 2wheeldrive in USA affect your decision of buying the car in any way?

Did the introduction of the 2wheeldrive changed your opinion regarding the 'rugged terrain' image that Jeep always had? And finally, Are you happy with your jeep?
The Fact that the Jeep Compass is part of the Chrysler Family which constitutes a descent Warranty is one factor. I was more Interested in a 2WDrive setup....Economics dictate that more Mileage would be done on Bare Pavement so therefore for my personal use lugging around the extra weight of a Geared Axle not good...

Aside from having a few Parts wear out before 80,th'd km's which were covered under Warranty. We are a 40 minute Commute from the City and the Compass is giving us Descent Fuel Mileage. So were Satisfied..........

2008 Jeep Compass , Northern Edition 2X
post #14 of 18 Old 01-05-2011, 05:38 PM

We have the 2 wheel drive. We originally went to the dealer thinking of purchasing a used Minivan,which had almost 70,000 miles, and cost more than our new 2010 2-wheel drive Jeep Compass. Even though we live in Minnesota, and get quite a bit of snow, there are so few times that we would use the 4 wheel drive (would not pay for itself). As far as the Rugged reputation of Jeep, that doesn't fit our lifestyle, or driving habits. We live in the city, and all of our driving is on paved roads. So the 2 wheel drive fits for us.

Since most of our driving is short distances, in stop and go traffic, I'm not so concerned with gas mileage. I spend about $20.00 per week for gas. Even with gas prices going up over $3.00 per gallon and predictions of it going even higher, I am satisfied our decision to purchase the Compass.

We are extremely happy all around with our Compass.

A girl and her Jeep - a beautiful thing

Barbara Frechette
2010 White Jeep Cherokee Sport
St. Paul, MN, USA
post #15 of 18 Old 01-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Not at all, I have my Cherokee for 4x4 applications and did not intend to use the Compass for offroading.

Did the introduction of the 2wheeldrive changed your opinion regarding the 'rugged terrain' image that Jeep always had?

Jeep has had 2WD models for quite some time, well before the Compass. Now, if you're referring to the Front Wheel Drive setup on the Compass 4x2's as opposed to RWD for all preceding Jeep 4x2's, that may change some people's opinion. As for me, again, that made no difference in my decision to go with the Compass. While I tend to prefer RWD, I was sold on the Compass regardless, had to have it, lol.

And finally, Are you happy with your jeep?

Absolutely and would definitely buy another Compass!

- Cherokee

post #16 of 18 Old 05-02-2011, 07:00 PM

hi planning to buy a 2011 compass,but with all the cladding on the body i wonder how many months this cladding will stay nice,with stone chips and road hazars debris. have good one.
citation
post #17 of 18 Old 05-03-2011, 12:54 PM

answer to survey

What is your age 58

What is the main reason you have chosen the Jeep Compass needed a 4wd for winter driving and wanted an small SUV with decent gas mileage. Alos liked the restyling of the 2011 Compass

For what kind of business/things do you use the car driving to work and for cross-country trips

What are the biggest benefits of the Jeep Compass easy to drive, roomy inside

And what are the biggest disadvantages of the Jeep Compass still some cheap materials in the interior

Is the Jeep Compass your main car or do you use it as a second or maybe third car? main car in winter, 2nd car in summer
post #18 of 18 Old 05-27-2011, 06:09 PM

Garage
Don't know where you're located, but on the Colorado Front Range it's a good idea to visit your nearest Car Bra shop and get an estimate for coating the cladding. That'll help settle your mind, at least!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in