Has Anyone Installed Uconnect 430n Aftermarket? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 05-12-2015, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Has Anyone Installed Uconnect 430n Aftermarket?

Hello.

Just signed last week on a '15 Latitude FWD for the wife. She fell in love with one belonging to a friend of a friend.

She'd been begging me for a used GLK 350 from Mercedes (we've only ever owned MB) but the Compass was pretty nice, attractive, and this one is nicely equipped for 21k and a 340/mo payment. Warranty? I don't have to touch it for 2 or 3 years? AWESOME, WHERE DO I SIGN!?

Anyway, her one complaint was that we couldn't get the in-dash navigation system. It came with the Uconnect 130 system with voice control, bluetooth, siriusxm, etc but no in-dash screen. I've done some research and found that you can get the 430 (which has no navigation) or the 430n which has navigation. She definitely wants the navigation. I've dug and dug online as much as I could and as far as I can tell it's a simple plug n play head unit swap since her car already has all the options that are required to use the 430 systems.

Has anyone actually installed a 430/430n after purchase? I can buy the unit new from OEMautoparts for $1300 or $800'ish used on ebay and swap it out in 5 minutes. I just want to know if I'm biting off a huge mess that I'd rather not deal with on a car with 800 miles on it (had 11mi when we bought it. We commute A LOT).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-12-2015, 04:28 PM

Garage
I had helped a friend put a 430 in his and it was fairly easier than we thought and had np me and my wife will be getting our self here soon for our 2014 sport compass 4x4
also heres a link for a good site where my friend got his and im getting mine they also have the one with nav on it
RBZ MyGIG 430 Touchscreen Radio - Low
which might be the site u was already looking at my bad if it is

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in