U-connect - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 06-05-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

U-connect

Anyone using the U-connect feature?

I at last got a blue tooth phone.

And I have to say either it dosn't like me, or it's just jacked, I will tell it to call a number, then it will go, "Do you wish to call 07" or something like that, now if I use my phone to dial the number it works great, but trying to talk to that lady is just fustrating LOL

And I have had my wife and friends try, all with the same results. Takes 5 or 6 trys before it gets the number right.

I was able to set it up so I can go "CALL HOME" and 9 out of 10 times that works, but the other day it was raining really hard, and it would not pick up what I was saying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-05-2007, 10:28 PM

I have the same problem. I usually get something like #0#56 or something else just as weird. Now that it is summer, I can get it to dial a phone number that I say where as in the winter I couldn't get it to do even that much. I had to just dial the number on my phone and it would connect that way. It still won't dial any numbers that I have named (ie: Home). I thought maybe it was due to road noise (and of course the cold in winter), but I have tried to get it to dial my named numbers while just sitting in it at home and it still won't work. I also had other people try to get it to work, just to make sure it just didn't like my voice, but no, no luck. It doesn't seem to have any problems with answering the incoming calls though.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-06-2007, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

I guess the lady dosn't like us LOL

Cause she keeps asking "Is this correct"?? NO!!!!!!! /wink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-07-2007, 08:58 PM

LOL Yeah, I'm not sure where she comes up with it because what she says and what I say usually aren't even remotely similar. I guess a good question to ask now is, does she like anyone or are we just special??
post #5 of 10 Old 08-21-2007, 11:55 PM

Did you all figure this out? I got the same responce.... then figured out that I had to 1: Program the name and phone number and 2: if I dial from my phone I do not have to ask it to dial a name.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-22-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippityjacks
Did you all figure this out? I got the same responce.... then figured out that I had to 1: Program the name and phone number and 2: if I dial from my phone I do not have to ask it to dial a name.
1: This is after it had been programmed.
2: Yes, this works but kind of defeats the purpose of having something "hands-free".
post #7 of 10 Old 10-01-2011, 07:08 PM

Dial vs. Call

Sometimes it does that to me, too. But most of the times, when U-Connect works*, then the lady understands me Despite my Brazilian-Portuguese accent, haha.
From the manual...
Dial By Saying A Number:
1. Press the phone button to begin.
2. After the “Ready” prompt and the following beep, say “Dial”.
3. The system will prompt you to say the number you want to call.
For example, you can say “234-567-8901”.
4. The Uconnect™ Phone will confirm the phone number and then dial. The number will appear in the display of certain radios.

Call By Saying A Name:
1. Press the phone button to begin.
2. After the “Ready” prompt and the following beep, say “Call”.
3. The system will prompt you to say the name of the person you want to call.
4. After the “Ready” prompt and the following beep, say the name of the person you want to call. For example, you can say “John Doe”, where John Doe is a previously stored name entry in the Uconnect™ phonebook or downloaded phonebook. To learn how to store a name in the phonebook, refer to “Add Names to Your Uconnect™ Phonebook”, in the phonebook.
4. The Uconnect™ system will confirm the name and then dial the corresponding phone number, which may appear in the display of certain radios.

*Many times the U-Connect won't even work. I'm creating a separate post for that.

Jeep Compass 2011
North Package
FWD 4dr
post #8 of 10 Old 10-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Gil

Smile U-connect/MyGIG

Hi

Have a look at this, maybe you have all seen this link from
Chrysler.
My Chrysler: MyGIG – How MyGIG Works
With mine I have to wait till the system tells me that my mobile is connected.

Sorry if I talking about things you may already know

Ciao
Gil
post #9 of 10 Old 10-06-2011, 06:41 PM

Garage
She likes my southern accent! Works great for me!

"Dare to be different"
post #10 of 10 Old 10-15-2011, 04:29 PM

Hello
my husband has just purchased a brand new Jeep Compass here in the UK
and wer'e having exactly the same problem.
has anyone managed to figure out a solution or what were doing wrong? if its of any use he's got a blackberry Torch 9800

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in