Jeep Compass Forum

Jeep Compass Forum (https://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/)
-   Jeep Compass General Discussion (https://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/jeep-compass-general-discussion/)
-   -   Engine Layout & Reference Electric Info (https://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/jeep-compass-general-discussion/2625-engine-layout-reference-electric-info.html)

tripplec 03-11-2011 11:46 AM

Engine Layout & Reference Electrical/Lamp Info

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

I cam across some under hood info and charts and compiled them into a single document. You can print them for you glove compartment or keep on the PC for reference. Some of this will be in the owners manual but harder to find.

You can add and edit to your preferences and delete what does not apply. Only the 2.4L are shown since having the 2.0L exceeded the upload file size. This is in the OLD MS Word format for those who can't open the newer .DOCX files.

I left out the fluids since few would be doing axles and CVT changes.

Feel for life 03-11-2011 05:47 PM

Good find Trip.........thank's for sharing !

tripplec 03-11-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feel for life (Post 13339)
Good find Trip.........thank's for sharing !

No problem, I had to wake the big chief Cherokee up before I could upload. LOL
He can fill you in.

Cherokee 03-12-2011 12:46 AM

Very nice tripplec, thank you for taking the time to put that together for us, very helpful info!!!!

Ffl, what he means is, I've been working nights at work this week, so when trip PM'd me, it was early in the morning but bedtime for me lol, but not a problem at all trip, definitely worth it and after tonight, I'll be back on a normal daytime schedule lol. Nice job on your post, some reps to you for that! :)

- Cherokee

Feel for life 03-12-2011 01:13 PM

Trip said :

Quote:

Big Chief Cherokee
You have surpassed the elder !!!!!!

tripplec 03-12-2011 02:06 PM

You-all having fun. I away at the cottage but if anyone wants or would like the 2.0L picture I can add it to the post as an attachment. You add it to the document yourself since it made the file too large for uploading. I don't think there is much difference in the layout anyway and opted for the 2.4L.

tripplec 04-01-2011 12:21 PM

Updated the Word file with a full Lamp list along with optional bulbs. Data source was Sylvania. I hope that helps and many bulbs list better/brighter alternatives for those looking down that road.

NOTE: H13 Headlamp is equivalent to a 9008 from the research I have found. GE Does Not make their Nighhawk Platinum in that format at this time. If they did the illumination would have been much better than now. But with the large Owl fixtures the light is quite bright. I've been blinked at a few times to dim my headlamps while on low beam of coarse. Hmmm oh well they are stock.