AC rant!! IM HOT!!!!! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-2007, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

AC rant!! IM HOT!!!!!

Ok I do have a major bone to pick.

Now that its getting to be summer time here in good old Texas.

On the AC dial you have to push the button to turn on the air recycle everytime you restart the car, where it is set to take outside air by default, all other cars I have had it has been reversed, where it has recycle on by default and you have to make it get the outside air.

Now I know in the manual it says to not use recycle unless there is an odor, but that AC just does not pump enough cold AC air out unless the recycle button is pushed. I've even let it get cooled off inside, then pressed the button back to get outside air and even with the AC going full blast, it heats up fast

The worst part is its only in the 90's now.. wait till it starts getting up into the 100's /CRY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Administrator

It is technically in the 100's here with the humidity factored in. My partner was also complaining that the AC doesn't cool off fast enough. We tried it the other day after the car had been sitting in the sun all day, and it did take awhile for it to catch up. After you have been in the sun all day working, all you want is some COLD air, and FAST!!! Typically, on days like today, where I have to make sales calls, AC and recycle is on with the dial up full throttle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 4 Old 06-14-2007, 12:50 AM

That's what you get for living in Texas
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-02-2007, 03:39 AM

My parent's aren't too happy with its performance either... and they are older in age... so heat really does have a toll on them. Might take it by the dealer have them check the A/C charge. Sometimes they mess up and put in too little R-134. But can't hurt to check... better be safe than sorry.

You get in either one of my trucks and it's like an instant blast chiller (sometimes even way too cold for myself!). :lol:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in