Mounting front license plate on 2011 Compass without drilling holes? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 05-07-2011, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Mounting front license plate on 2011 Compass without drilling holes?

Hey all-

I bought a 2011 Compass earlier this week and I'm trying to mount a front license plate to it without drilling into the bumper. I saw some older threads on this site with members having the same issue but never saw any solutions other than "drill it".

Has anyone come up with any good solutions for the 2011? I'm thinking zipties might work with the small slots already in the bumper but haven't put much creative thought into it yet. If anyone has any pics/instructions of their set-up, it'd be appreciated.

If I come up with a good solution I'll take some pics and be sure to post.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-14-2011, 01:31 AM

I hope you have found a solution by now, but just in case you haven't drilled yet, my wife just picked her 2011 latitude up yesterday and it has a plate holder on it. Jeep must make 'em.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2011, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

wifesjeep,

Are you saying that the plate holder is mounted without holes drilled into the bumper?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-11-2011, 07:37 AM

front license plate bracket

I live in CT currently but am from Michigan. I noticed that all of the Compass' here at the dealership already have a front license plate bracket on them. I'm guessing because it is the law in Connecticut. I'm also wondering if I took this off, would there be holes in the bumper from drilling that plate on there? I am very picky and would actually rather buy the vehicle in michigan if this is the case? Does anyone know? Thanks.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Administrator

I never thought about this before since we're not required to have a front plate in LA, I just do because I usually have something else on the front, but I wonder if, instead of drilling holes in the spots made for a front plate if the 3M adhesive would work just as well. It's the double sided sticky tape they use to put the badges on and I've used it to add badges to my truck and it's gonna take some work and goo gone to get them off, so it should hold a front plate frame and that could be an alternative to drilling. Just a thought.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #6 of 6 Old 06-11-2011, 02:34 PM

Garage
a guy on my mustang forum makes drilless license plate brackets for the new edge and S197 mustangs. i have one on my 03 GT convertible and it works great. obviously it is vehicle specific, but it gives you an idea of what can be done.

99-04 Cobra/Mach 1 "No Drill" Front License Plate Bracket - SVTPerformance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in