noisy driver's side rear suspension - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 05-27-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

noisy driver's side rear suspension

New to this forum, I have a 2007 blue 4X4 Limited (all options) with 82,000 km

Extended warranty expired Feb 11, 2011, noisy shock/suspension (squeaky/rubbing noise), reminds me of a old bed or couch but not metal to metal like brake noise from driver's rear side.

Applied silicon spray on all visible joints/contact points and shocks and also power washed this area.

I did not access the shock tower due to lack of manual/experience yet.
Does anyone know of any other remedies to this irratation and is this a serious problem before I have to bite the bullet and take it in to the dealer/repair shops which I always had bad encounters with.

The vehicle runs well and the noise is more pronounce at lower speeds (parking lots) perhaps due to road noise/distraction during higher speeds.
Maybe someone in the Calgary, Alberta, Canada area could refer me to a "honest mechanic" and any information will be greatly appreciated.

First Jeep and love my ride so far !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-29-2011, 12:21 AM

Garage
sqeak

While parked and engine shut down, look under the car while you have someone bounce the car up and down. You might find it this way. Squeak might come from the anti sway bar bushing. Silicone might help a little but i use vegetable oil in a spray bottle.

Read up on posts regarding suspension and ball joint problems since many prople seem to be having some problems when they reach your mileage. I hope this helps

Last edited by jeepney_driver; 05-29-2011 at 12:30 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-30-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply, is this squeaky noise from the anti sway bar bushing a serious/dangerous problem or just an annoyance issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-10-2011, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Just updating my original post

Any suggestions on replacing rear suspension noisy bushings other than buying the complete unit with bushing attached.

Another words, bushings that I need comes attached to very expensive control arm, anti swat bars, etc which are still in good condition (84,000 km)

My mechanic has already removed the suspect noisy bushings and re-greased but squeaky noise has returned 4 days later but at lower noise levels.

I am just trying hard not to pay for a $400 part (dealer quote in Canada), just to replace a bushing.

Any comments would be appreciated.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-18-2011, 04:03 PM

I have a 07 compass limited too and had a similar problem. Is it while driving or just while parked? Mine is just when parked and the mechanic said it was something with the emergency brake. Not a serious problem just very annoying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in