Splash Guard/Mud Flaps worth it? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 Old 05-30-2011, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Splash Guard/Mud Flaps worth it?

Hi All. I'm getting my 2011 Jeep Compass soon and was wondering...are splash guards/mud flaps worth it?

Freedom Drive II
Media Center 430N Navigation
Sun and Sound Group
Security Group
Leather Trimmed Seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-30-2011, 12:03 PM

I've had splash guards on almost every car I've bought. They do help keep dirt and chips to a minimum.

But I bought some rear ones (Mopar official) for my 2011 Compass, but they don't seem to fit because of the cladding/textured rear bumper. So I didn't install them. I'm going to have the dealer take a look at them and see whether they think they'll fit.
post #3 of 19 Old 05-30-2011, 02:44 PM

Garage
Blackberry - i've been thinking about the ones from my parts department as well, but i've been hesitant. do you have the part number for the ones that you received so i can cross-reference them to make sure you have the right ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
Blackberry - i've been thinking about the ones from my parts department as well, but i've been hesitant. do you have the part number for the ones that you received so i can cross-reference them to make sure you have the right ones?
82209893 is the number for the rear ones I have.
post #5 of 19 Old 05-30-2011, 10:20 PM

Garage
You can get some universal mudflap for like 20$, but you have to like the look of them..

Rally Armor Rally Products, Rally Mud Flaps, Skid Plates and more.
I have those one and I like them

Jeep Compass 2008 Manuel
16x8 Unique Series 42, +12 offset with Goodyear UltraGrip Ice 235/60/16
DynoMAX custom dual-exit catback
Mopar spoiler and tail light guard
post #6 of 19 Old 05-31-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
82209893 is the number for the rear ones I have.
New member here. Checking various Jeep parts sites the part numbers for the 2011 model year deluxe molded front splash guards is 82212513 and the rear is 82212514. The number previously noted is for the 07-10 years. Hope this helps. I'll be putting them on my Limited within the next few weeks.
post #7 of 19 Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscompass11 View Post
New member here. Checking various Jeep parts sites the part numbers for the 2011 model year deluxe molded front splash guards is 82212513 and the rear is 82212514. The number previously noted is for the 07-10 years. Hope this helps. I'll be putting them on my Limited within the next few weeks.
yup, i just found out the same thing. they sold you the incorrect mudflaps. the correct part numbers are the ones you posted.

for future reference, use mopar-accessories.com before going to the dealer. i do it here at my dealership before i ask my parts department for anything. its easier to give them a part number to order rather than to say "i need 'such-and-such' part" and have them order the wrong thing.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 PM

Well we get more than enough slush and snow and keeping it out of most of the rear end area is a help. I put the solid (molded non flexing shapped) Mopar ones behind my rear tires and it certainly helps a lot. I did not do the from since: The wheel well contain most of the crap and side spray although occurs is minimal depending on you driving & wheeling style. For the front the aerodynamic will be much more severely affected espeically when the wheel are turned. I did not want that happening.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 19 Old 05-31-2011, 07:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
For the front the aerodynamic will be much more severely affected espeically when the wheel are turned. I did not want that happening.
there is a flaw in your logic, though. the only way the aerodynamics would be effected enough is if you were going at a high rate of speed. and if you're going at a high rate of speed and turn your wheel all the way to one side or the other, aerodynamics would be the least of your worries
post #10 of 19 Old 05-31-2011, 08:18 PM

There is drag and in my opinion more in the front. But regardless is up to you if you want them up front. We have noteworthy turns on our highways either way with or without them on the front there will be side spray.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tripplec; 06-01-2011 at 12:47 PM.
post #11 of 19 Old 06-01-2011, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
there is a flaw in your logic, though. the only way the aerodynamics would be effected enough is if you were going at a high rate of speed. and if you're going at a high rate of speed and turn your wheel all the way to one side or the other, aerodynamics would be the least of your worries
Is there a Canadian version for it? Or is this available for all Jeep owners?

Freedom Drive II
Sun and Sound Group
Security Group
Leather Trimmed Seats
post #12 of 19 Old 06-01-2011, 01:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenardz33 View Post
Is there a Canadian version for it? Or is this available for all Jeep owners?
a canadian version for what?
post #13 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
a canadian version for what?
Of the mopar-accessories.com site? Or does that ship to Canada as well? I tried going to the mopar.ca site and their catalogue only had the 2009 Compass. ='[

Freedom Drive II
Sun and Sound Group
Security Group
Leather Trimmed Seats
post #14 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 02:20 PM

Mine came with the front one's already attached. Its part of the body molding that runs under the doors from the front wheel well to the rear wheel well. I had the dealership put the rear ones on when the car was in for its first service.
post #15 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Well we get more than enough slush and snow and keeping it out of most of the rear end area is a help. I put the solid (molded non flexing shapped) Mopar ones behind my rear tires and it certainly helps a lot. I did not do the from since: The wheel well contain most of the crap and side spray although occurs is minimal depending on you driving & wheeling style. For the front the aerodynamic will be much more severely affected espeically when the wheel are turned. I did not want that happening.
I really can't see the aerodynamics being affected at all. Its not like they have a F1 profile to them.
post #16 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 10:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenardz33 View Post
Of the mopar-accessories.com site? Or does that ship to Canada as well? I tried going to the mopar.ca site and their catalogue only had the 2009 Compass. ='[
mopar-accessories.com doesn't ship at all. it just compiles a list of part numbers. i don't know if it sends it to the dealer for you or if you just take a printout to them. either way, you have to go to the dealer. why not just contact your local dealer to see what they have?
post #17 of 19 Old 09-09-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
You can get some universal mudflap for like 20$, but you have to like the look of them..

Rally Armor Rally Products, Rally Mud Flaps, Skid Plates and more.
I have those one and I like them
I got mud flaps from them (not for the compass) and so far they have been easy to install and remove for cleaning. They don't have anything for the compass but I'm sure there are lots of similar sellers online.
post #18 of 19 Old 09-10-2011, 01:44 AM

Garage
I have had them on both of my Compass's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0644.JPG (103.0 KB, 23 views)

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

post #19 of 19 Old 09-10-2011, 11:45 AM

Garage
I bought the mopar deluxe molded splash guards. Worth every penny and fit perfect. PN#'s are 82212513 front & 82212514 back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in