'14 Compass Sport advice and recommendations - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 01-30-2016, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

'14 Compass Sport advice and recommendations

Hey every everyone.
Just purchased my first Jeep, a 2014 FWD 2.4l sport. Picked up used with just below 30k miles. In fact, it's my first vehicle in nearly 20 years. Parted ways with my '95 5.8 liter V8 extended cab long box F-150 that had 328k miles. Only been driving the Compass 3 days now. Enjoying it so far. I am considering the RRO lift and some 15 or 16" wheels with some fairly aggressive tires to replace the stock 17's and Kuhmo solus 225/60R 17 that it came with to tackle some of the mostly sand and red clay roads and trails in my area. Any recommendations? My RWD truck got me in and out of just about anywhere I wanted to go around here. Are there any mods and upgrades that may help improve my Compass's off road capabilities, besides the obvious 'shoulda got a trail rated 4x4'. This will be my daily driver also. Looking for a decent balance between road/off road use. It's pretty flat around here. It does rain often. Never snows nor do the roads ice. Not overly concerned with fuel economy since I've been dealing with only 10 mpg for nearly 2 decades. Are their any known issues with this model, signs of trouble to be on the lookout for? Any and all advice is greatly aporeciated. I can't wait to have some fun driving it and exploring this site. Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160127_171426_1454193925859.jpg (63.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20160127_171733_1454193952598.jpg (60.2 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Have you purchased the model with Trail Rated badge?
It sounds like you don't have it, since you mentioned that you only have 2WD...or FWD. I have a 2007, which I recently bought larger tires for better off-road traction. I, too, do not have 4WD....but have taken it off-road many times in brown or red dirt. Handles well, but the tire and possibly a suspension upgrade might be in order. Keep in mind, larger rims will reduce your gas MPG......larger tires on the stock rims should be ok. Nice looking Jeep. Good luck!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-07-2016, 02:14 PM

First its not an SUV, built on a Car chassis, the Caliber. I expect you have a CVT in that year which is fine for dirt road and very modest slope (roads non the less). If you alter tire size and other aspects the power and torque will drop like a stone and gas millage along with it. Since its not the 4x4 you had better get rigged to be pulled out.

Save your money as you'll need it for repairs.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-09-2016, 02:38 AM

I have a similar vehicle- 2014 Compass Sport with front wheel drive (not 4X4), and 2.4, 6 speed automatic. Have 50,000 miles on it so far- no problems. I like it more all the time- comfortable, reliable, easy on gas, pulls my boat (it has the tow package), and runs back roads pretty well. The price was right and it's all the vehicle I need. I drove others and liked the way the Compass drove- also the interior- Ford Escape dash and instruments were a mess, plus it looked weird. I've made several road trips of 2,000 miles and am satisfied; would buy another.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in