This Forum is Worthless - Jeep Compass Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bleep
  • 1 Post By tripplec
  • 1 Post By Sdsjeep2008

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 05-21-2016, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

This Forum is Worthless

I posted an easy question more than two weeks ago and not a single response. I'll bet this thread gets a response. Hell, it took a week just for them to send me my approval to complete my registration. What a joke this forum is. Man, get it together or just take the site down. Bye!
Niknak909 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-22-2016, 07:29 AM

Garage
RU still there..?
post #3 of 6 Old 05-22-2016, 02:14 PM

LOL

There aren't mechanics or serious DIY anymore if there still is here I doubt. Electrical issues are extremely hard to diagnose purely because the TIPM is the heart of the system. Without a quality manual its all guess work. Those I have seen online are poorly created. A lot of question are in the owners manual answered others a not different than other vehicles. Unlike the reel original series of Jeep (this is not real Jeep) which have serious owners. I was conceived on a car platform, the Dodge Caliber with a different shell over it. Some changes in various generation.

I have enter large numbers of posts in many areas but so much is hidden from detailed knowledge that I find out the hard way. EG in changing the A-arm w/ball joint. If you pull that short shaft out too far its pops out of the CVT case you'll dump a fair amount of fluid and likely damage the seal as I did. The shaft is also a plug.

Good luck with it.
BusterOz likes this.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-31-2016, 03:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleep View Post
I posted an easy question more than two weeks ago and not a single response. I'll bet this thread gets a response. Hell, it took a week just for them to send me my approval to complete my registration. What a joke this forum is. Man, get it together or just take the site down. Bye!
I find the following Jeep Patriot forum gets more participation:

Jeep Patriot Forums

I have a 2008 Jeep Compass but it's basically the same as the 2008 Jeep Patriot FDI so I use that forum. It's sister forum jeepcompass.com doesn't get much participation either.
BusterOz likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 AM

This is not the most active out there but lots of good info around here from discussions from these past years.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-06-2016, 11:12 AM

True, many have moved on to something else. Fed up with the constant failures and rebuilding the vehicle. Left and bought other vehicles. Not Chysler as I did for myself a Sante Fe. But still have this which was my wifes choice mainly and still working on it. All new brake rotors and pads going on this week. I am fed up with the rusting steel if left too long the destroy the pads new and old. She was sick for over 6 week and it wasn't driven. They were in a state and driving to clean them up only made it all worst. Starting from scratch now. But that's off topic.

The only posts that seem to come are newbies with a problem post a question in desperation for a magic answer. Without background as well. Searching the forum might reveal what they want since for the pre 2010 its been beaten over and over with their problems. New builds differ and solutions are not posted back by the newbies hence missing. I looked at the other forum and its not very active either.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in