Fender flares for 2008 compass - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 11-04-2016, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Fender flares for 2008 compass

If been looking for days online for fender flares for my new jeep I was hoping someone will know something on where I can find these would be very much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-10-2016, 04:39 PM

Garage
Got mine off ebay. Not sure if the company makes ones for an '08, but it's a place to start looking.

post #3 of 7 Old 11-14-2016, 10:38 AM

Yes, you can find them on ebay but they are made from China.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-14-2016, 03:03 PM

Garage
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but a huge portion of your compass is made in China......

The quality is good and they look great. If you can find an American company that makes them, let us know.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-14-2016, 07:20 PM

About fender flares on Compass, a few points, maybe someone would find them useful:

I've got mine in a bundle with mud flaps (from China of course and it's says on them "Made in Canada", e-bay ready obviously), I did put flaps but decided to give a pass on the flares. They are supposed to hold on adhesive tape, only. And this is an SUV vehicle. Cheap plastic plus tape on snow, dirt and mud on various terrains. And in the best case if they hold they'll tend to keep dirt and dust on critical to rust parts, hence the paint is going to be damaged anyway if they break, fall off or one day you decide it's not so pretty anymore and try to take them off, they'll do more damage than just cool looks. Maybe if they aren't tape-type, I'll change my mind. My 2¢.

Anyways, if anyone still wants them and can pick them up around Frankfurt in Germany, I'd gladly exchange them for a barrel of fresh beer.

~Small Jeep with Big-Benz heart~
2014 Compass CRD 2.2 Limited, Tuned & Debadged
MB DOHC 16v I4 twin-turbo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
@
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
@
;
235/55R17 @
8Jx17 ET35;
@

post #6 of 7 Old 11-14-2016, 09:43 PM

Garage
They are just held on with 3m tape. But, most flares are held on the same way. I run a bodyshop and that's how flares are held on.... Yes, some also screw in where the inner fender screws in, but that's not where they get the majority of their support. To be honest, you'd be really surprised what's all held onto your vehicle with 3m tape alone as it's some gnarly stuff (ask any body man who's had to remove it).

I like how they look, and I would say the quality is just as good as something you'd get from Mopar. asakaze, do you have a pic of your jeep with just the mudflaps on? I'd like to see what they look like.

Last edited by Nick Kaminski; 11-14-2016 at 09:45 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-18-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Kaminski View Post
do you have a pic of your jeep with just the mudflaps on? I'd like to see what they look like.
Sure thing buddy.
The middle one is from the rear. It has "Jeep" engraved.
And I drilled one hole per flap on the rear ones, actually screw into plastic thru the additional hole on the mudflap itself, hold pretty firm. Other holes are aligned with compass fender bolts and they fit perfectly. And.. mudflaps somehow don't fit with those fender flares as a kit. If I want to put the flares on I need to cut flare a bit around mudflap, that space left on the flares is just too tight. Oh, maybe the main reason I didn't put fender flares.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flaps.jpg (95.4 KB, 17 views)

~Small Jeep with Big-Benz heart~
2014 Compass CRD 2.2 Limited, Tuned & Debadged
MB DOHC 16v I4 twin-turbo
@
;
@
;
235/55R17 @
8Jx17 ET35;
@

Last edited by asakaze; 11-18-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in