Headlight upgrade - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 12-17-2016, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Headlight upgrade

hi guys...loving my jeep compass 2.2 limited 2011..first jeep i have had, love the "clunky" gearbox and gear-shift, (stick, to some of u).
however, there is one thing i certainly do not like about it, namely:-

the headlights....they look weird..the big light appears to be the side light, and the little round light on the outside is the main light. is that correct?...but the main thing about them is the headlight bulbs...i dont know what possessed jeep/Chrysler, to put such awful powered lights on it.
my headlight bulbs are H9's..i get more light at night from a candle!..lol.

can anyone give me any help/advice on having a bulb upgrade please?...there are no H9's that i know of that give any decent light at night...i have heard of upgrade kits and am wanting to upgrade to H4 if applicable....Osram/Phillips do not do any bright bulbs in H9... the H9's do not appear to be worth the effort, they are useless.
there is one bulb i am looking at in H4..the Osram "night breaker".
any help/advice with this very irritating issue would be much appreciated.

thanks team
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-19-2016, 10:24 AM

Garage
I believe you have the projector headlights, which should have the 9012 bulbs. If so, the best you can do is upgrade them to HID bulbs. Those will need to be installed along with a battery wire harness, load resistors, and possibly with a capacitor to avoid flickering.

2014 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
post #3 of 8 Old 12-19-2016, 10:37 AM

The PIAA Xtreme white bulbs are a good upgrade and bright also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-19-2016, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

cheers guys...any idea roughly, how much it would cost to have this full upgrade?.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-19-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compazguy View Post
The PIAA Xtreme white bulbs are a good upgrade and bright also.
Good mention, sometimes you can get away with just changing bulbs and you'll have the sort of brightness you'll be happy with. Not everyone needs HID's and it takes away the extra work. Only downside is you might be paying the same for those bulbs as a decent set of HID's.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-20-2016, 04:37 PM

Why not go for LED headlights? Typically error free, great output even put on par with HID systems, and they're plug and play without having to run wires and do all that crazy stuff.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-09-2017, 01:49 PM

Where can I buy compatable LEDs in UK??

I have the same issue with the headlights on my Jeep Compass 2013!! It's a scary ride at night effectively driving on torchlight. Cannot get my garage to listen to me. How do I get hold of the compatible LEDs in the UK??? My garage is keen to upgrade me to Xenon lights which means an expensive conversion.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontiergirl View Post
I have the same issue with the headlights on my Jeep Compass 2013!! It's a scary ride at night effectively driving on torchlight. Cannot get my garage to listen to me. How do I get hold of the compatible LEDs in the UK??? My garage is keen to upgrade me to Xenon lights which means an expensive conversion.
What style of headlight bulb do you need?

Once You tell me i can point you in the direction of a good LED kit as I ran them on my Compass and now my cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in