Compass Spottings - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 08-30-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Compass Spottings

I saw 4 Compass' in the parking lot @ the grocery store today. All 4 were Sports. (White, Silver, Black & Red)

I see about 10 Compass' on the road for every 1 Patriot that I see on the road. I see more Calibers than Compass'. The most popular Jeep that I see on the road is the Liberty - by far!

What does everyone else see?

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-31-2007, 02:22 PM

The other day I parked my Green Limited between two green Sports at the mall. Three in a row.

I'm in the Army and we're always trying to one up eachother with our vehicles, honestly our parking lot looks like a showroom some days.
I got my Compass in december, then went to Afghanistan for 6 months. I was looking forward to being the only one driving around base in one, but sure enough, there are two others parked in our lot every day.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-31-2007, 04:09 PM

2 Months in and I havent seen many.

I saw a Patriot the other day!

In NJ last weekend, I ran into 3, a red, green, and silver one.

I went out to eat and in the parking lot right next to me was a silver sport! Probably one of the first 5 Ive seen around here. (and 2 of those were way before I bought mine)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-01-2007, 12:30 AM

to be honest, I dont see them much at all. I'm lucky if I see one a day. There is only 1 other person at my work with one, a beige sport model. I never see limiteds at all!!! When I see Patriots, they are mostly limited, but not the Compass, I wonder why!
post #5 of 11 Old 09-01-2007, 06:57 PM

Sightings in Greece

I live in Thessaloniki , Greece, population of 1.2 million. Saw 4 black Limiteds in one day. Dont forget they that the cost of a Limited is 34.000 euros (about 50K USD...) Here unfortunately all of these cars (Suzuki Grand Vitara, RAV4 cost around the same. Major drawback for Jeep is that the average delivery time of 2-3 months. I was lucky as mine was a canceled order which I picked up in 10 days.. will post photos soon with breathtaking backgrounds...
post #6 of 11 Old 09-02-2007, 06:12 AM

I live in a small town near a big city.

I was used to see 1 every week when I got mine a couple of months ago.

Now, there's not a day that pass that I don't see at least 2 or 3 of them

I would say 50/50 for limited

To date I saw, red (it is very awesome), jeep green, steel blue (like mine), white (I never thought it would look this nice), black and the sand-like color one.

My tastes:

Best looking, when washed, in order of preference: red, white, green, steel blue, black.

Best looking, when dirty (not mud, just not freshly wash): red, jeep green, steel blue because dirt doesn't show much, every else looks very dirty.

Best looking, when covered with mud: steel blue (mine) because I never saw the others with mud all over them, hehehe, I guess I'm the only one giving my compass a good time.

As for the sand and the pale blue color, I just hate them.

RedVortex
post #7 of 11 Old 09-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Administrator

I have finally seen my car twin. A couple months back I was in my driveway, and just as I turned around towards the street, I saw what I thought to be a Compass (silver) like mine going by, but by the time I went to look, it was gone.

The other day, I was driving through town, and sure enough, there it was, parked on the street, a silver Compass. I almost cried thinking, I was the only one in town to have one of these, so couldn't you have at least picked a different color???

Anyways, later that day, I was on the way home, and what do you know? There it is again, passing me in the opposite lane. I honked and waved real big. The funny thing is, my partner was riding behind me, and when she saw the Compass coming the other way she's like, why did you turn around??? Wait, you didn't, I just got stuck at the light. She got behind a khaki one the other day, and there is only one on the lot at the dealership here in town, and four on the lot from where I bought mine, so maybe they are finding some popularity here after all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #8 of 11 Old 10-02-2007, 12:57 PM

Garage
I am spotting at least 2 or 3 everyday on the roads around Montreal.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #9 of 11 Old 10-14-2007, 05:56 PM

When I got mine in April I was the only one around. Now over the past few months, I have seen about 3-4. A couple of red ones, a white one and the blue color. About a month ago I was at the farmer's market and lo and behold, I saw a khaki one like mine! Bought at the same place!! I have to admit I was a teeny bit sad knowing I was not the only khaki one around anymore....but compared to all the Suzuki's, Toyota's and Subaru's around here, i still stick out.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-14-2007, 07:33 PM

Garage
Can't wait to see the new orange, or the new blue, the one with the RIOT in the sandbox commercial. Also can't imagine when I may see a Rallye package, as not available yet in Canada. . . Pity.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #11 of 11 Old 10-14-2007, 11:05 PM
kwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesbrook
When I got mine in April I was the only one around. Now over the past few months, I have seen about 3-4. A couple of red ones, a white one and the blue color. About a month ago I was at the farmer's market and lo and behold, I saw a khaki one like mine! Bought at the same place!! I have to admit I was a teeny bit sad knowing I was not the only khaki one around anymore....but compared to all the Suzuki's, Toyota's and Subaru's around here, i still stick out.
If you'd been at the Farmer's Market in Londonderry on Sept 29th around 10am you would have seen a Jeep Green Compass too!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in