Customer CARE? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 09-13-2007, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Customer CARE?

This is based soley on my experience, however, since it has not been the best experience, I need to share this with you.

My Compass has now been in the shop 5 times. On the 5th time, we requested that the vehicle be replaced. I began speaking with the Sales Manager who I have been in constant contact with and he told me that I would need to contact customer care to make them aware of the situation. We (my husband and I) also sat down and wrote a letter to customer care cc-ing the sales department, service department and the dealership. On Monday customer care logged our complaint and told us that someone would be calling us back...??? 2 days later (Wednesday) we had to call them. They told me that they had reviewed our information and the service department has ordered YET ANOTHER PART (O2 Censor, Manifold, Carbin Canister, and now a gasket) and that they were confident that this would keep the service engine light from coming back on. After 2 more calls to customer care, I explained to customer care that I was no longer interested in fixing the vehicle, I now wanted to talk to someone about replacing the vehicle. She told me that my file was with the dealership and I would need to refer to my blue and white book. (the lemon law booklet)

After a conference with the service departments management team, I left feeling like I was back at square 1. I called Customer Care again and I requested to speak with an area rep. I got to speak to the rep and they explained that in order to replace the vehicle I would need to follow the steps outlined in the book. I explained that I had done these steps over the last 3 days. I was told that they would look into the matter. I am still waiting.

I did receive a call from the service department today stating that they have spoken with their rep and she will be contacting me....

We will see where this goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-18-2007, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Update: We have been told that we have evoked the lemon law and they can no longer speak with us!
post #3 of 9 Old 09-19-2007, 01:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippityjacks
Update: We have been told that we have evoked the lemon law and they can no longer speak with us!
: But how has the car been running? Have they finally managed to sort out the troubles :

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-19-2007, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippityjacks
: But how has the car been running? Have they finally managed to sort out the troubles :
First let me explain that aside from test driving the car (which seemed to run great) I have not driven it more than 3 consecutive days to tell you if something feels right or wrong. I do feel as though it is sluggish when you accellerate and the last time we took it in it was missing when you excellerate. They have now replaced a gasket and another O2 Censor.

I got a call to come pick up the car. But they could not guarentee me that the light would not come on again. They also have put almost 800 + miles on it all together trying to make the light come on or make sure it was not going to again. They were also not willing to put in writing how I would be compensated for this if it were to come back on.

We followed the instructions of Chrysler Customer Care on the 5th time we took it in. The instructions were to refer to the "Blue and White Booklet" which we did. It instructed us to direct a letter of request to attention of Customer Care and submit it with the attached Card in the booklet. (We did) Upon realizing that Customer Care had received this letter, the rep stated we had evoked the Lemon Law and he could no longer speak with us.

We contacted Customer care to explain that we followed their instructions and they directed us back to the dealership. : So now we are stuck in limbo.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-20-2007, 01:40 AM

Garage
WOW - That's crazy!
They really should give you a new car, like maybe you'd even want another car from them . . .too bad, the Compass is a real sweet ride . . .I hope they have given you a great courtesy car.
No joke.

Loved

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #6 of 9 Old 09-20-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Actaully, they put me in a rental car. It is a 2008 bright red VW Rabbit. It is a great "little" car.

I got a call from the Owner of the dealership today. He is looking into the whole situation and will be calling me back to let me know what we can work out. I keep telling them that I am not looking for them to give me Money, I really like the Compass as it suits all of my needs (which is why we got it in the first place) I just want a guarentee in writing that it is fixed, and if it is not what they plan to do. No one can put anything in writing, which is why we are stuck.

*NOTE: I did tell the Owner today that his dealership has been great through all of this. I understand that they are at the hands of Chrysler and can only do as they are advised. At no time have I felt like they were not willing to work with me. It is the Chrysler reps. that are not willing to put their words on paper. I would buy from them again, but perhaps it would be a FORD over a Chrysler????
post #7 of 9 Old 09-20-2007, 03:16 PM

Garage
It sounds, at least, that you are dealing with a good dealership. One the owner is involved, any good business man will realize that something is way wrong when they get to put the first 1000K on a car instead of the owner.
Hope they get you on the road and very soon.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #8 of 9 Old 09-27-2007, 05:44 PM

The early Dodge Calibers had some driveability problems, but recently have been quite solid. Yours seems to be a very rare case based on the data I've been receiving.

Of course, all that matters is the car you have, not the ones other people have. Hopefully Chrysler will step up and make everything okay.

Vehicle reliability, fuel economy, and price comparison information
post #9 of 9 Old 10-16-2007, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Just an update...

After 30 days out of service, the dealership has replaced a few more parts. For the sake of time and mis-spelling I will leave it at that. They have brought in an engineer to look over what the service department has done and test drive the car. They were confident that the replaced parts have fixed it this time.

Tomorrow, I will have had the Compass back for one week. So far the only light that has come back on is the tire pressure light. :lol:

The dealership was very kind to me during this experience. I did speak to the owner, and the General Manager brought it to close.

Valerie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in