Info on installing height adjustable seats? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 06-20-2017, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Info on installing height adjustable seats?

Hello all, Challenger owner here, but have a question for my parents who just bought a 2017 Compass. The seats are all manual, and they are not height adjustable. My mom is short and has a hard time seeing over top of the hood etc etc. They used to have a Patriot and she loved the height adjustable seat. I know, i know, it's their fault for not getting a model that had power or height adjustable seats, but they were in a bind and took the one that was on the lot. So, my question is, can we just buy a new seat? Or is there some sort of frame part that I can swap out with the current one? If anyone has part #'s that would be great, or is there a certain model that always has height adjustable seats? Doesnt need to be a power seat, the patriot just had the pump lever. I think that would be ideal actually so we wouldnt have to mess with any electronics.

ANyway, thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-20-2017, 08:12 PM

I would believe that it's going to be the seat frame that's going to have to be changed. The only thing is I don't know if the wiring is already there for it or if you'll have to find a way to power it yourself and tap into it. Part numbers I'm not too sure about though. I've done this on a Jeep Grand Cherokee years ago to make the passenger seat power and it wasn't too difficult at all.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-21-2017, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
I would believe that it's going to be the seat frame that's going to have to be changed. The only thing is I don't know if the wiring is already there for it or if you'll have to find a way to power it yourself and tap into it. Part numbers I'm not too sure about though. I've done this on a Jeep Grand Cherokee years ago to make the passenger seat power and it wasn't too difficult at all.
Thanks. i was hoping i could just do the frame. But im not even actually trying to convert it to a power seat, some of the manual seats just have a pump lever that will raise the seat up and down. Thats what I was looking for. I've looked around on dealer websites for parts but they are just so confusing. I see the frame for the seat and i see the handle that raises and lowers the seat but it's hard to tell what goes with what

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in