Panoramic Sunroof? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2018, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Question Panoramic Sunroof?

I will be purchasing my first jeep this weekend. A 2018 Jeep Compass lattitude. So i have a simple question as im looking at descriptions of vehicles. Is Panoramic sunroof the only sunroof options or is their a standard sunroof option too?

I want the panoramic. So hopefully that's the only option
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2018, 01:23 AM

It is the only sunroof option.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:54 AM

Garage
Was the main selling point for my wife for our Trailhawk. We were looking at Subaru Crosstrek as well, but they don't come with the glass roof, so...

2017 Compass Trailhawk in White, 1.5" Tera Flex lift kit, 225/65/17 BFG KO2s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2018, 03:15 PM

Was the main selling point in my wife's Latitude too.... She sat in it and really liked the Jeep, but when she looked up and saw the sunroof, she said "THIS is mine." Lol
Out of the 15 or so Compasses on the lot at our dealership, only two had the panoramic... The rest were hardtops (like the one I picked for myself.)
Old 03-11-2018, 06:41 PM

x4 here.
Absolute requirements we told the salesman were: 1)4wd 2) panoramic sunroof and 3) any color except black or white

The sunroof is incredible BTW. I've never been a fan in the past, but the full size makes a difference.

2017 Compass limited 4x4
Old 04-04-2018, 02:44 AM

Got it on mine and I love it!
Old 04-04-2018, 09:54 PM

Based on a sample size of three(3) in the last posts, it has been determined: Those that like the color "laser blue" also like "panoramic sunroof"

2017 Compass limited 4x4
Old 04-04-2018, 10:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ua_who View Post
Based on a sample size of three(3) in the last posts, it has been determined: Those that like the color "laser blue" also like "panoramic sunroof"
Always the odd man out :P

Old 04-04-2018, 10:25 PM

Don't like Moonroofs (when did it become Sunroof?) personally, even the panoramic moonroof didn't get me to cave but if there was a moonroof that would get me to change my mind it would have been the Compass's. I mean sure there are some nifty unsplit ones out there but it's one heck of a system considering the starting point of the Compass pricing.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:38 PM

ua_who, I best clear the air... MY Compass is Laser Blue, but no moonroof... my WIFE'S Compass has the moonroof, but is granite grey. Lol
And as far as the sunroof vs. moonroof thing... if I recall correctly, the sunroofs are manually operated, moonroofs are power.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
Don't like Moonroofs (when did it become Sunroof?) personally, even the panoramic moonroof didn't get me to cave but if there was a moonroof that would get me to change my mind it would have been the Compass's. I mean sure there are some nifty unsplit ones out there but it's one heck of a system considering the starting point of the Compass pricing.
Sunroof=glass, Moonroof=not glass (i.e. steel, opaque material, sun does not shine through it). You must be from somewhere where it isn't sunny, or you work nights :P

edit: did some light Google-ing, and it seems some people think the exact opposite. Now I am just confused. All I know is Jeep calls it a sunroof *shrug*

Last edited by Thomas Kerr; 04-05-2018 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:03 PM

lol @Thomas Kerr @LaserJeep

I was just looking at the consecutive string of small avatars with blue jeeps... thought it was funny

2017 Compass limited 4x4
Old 04-05-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Kerr View Post
Sunroof=glass, Moonroof=not glass (i.e. steel, opaque material, sun does not shine through it). You must be from somewhere where it isn't sunny, or you work nights :P

edit: did some light Google-ing, and it seems some people think the exact opposite. Now I am just confused. All I know is Jeep calls it a sunroof *shrug*
Apparently a moonroof is a glass version of a sunroof. So they aren't wrong calling a moonroof a sunroof and there is probably a bit of a move to call panoramic roofs Sunroofs because of how much light the let in and it sounds more livelier (like you said about my home not being so Sunny? moonroofs might sound like more of a mood killer. That said I think the idea behind them originally was for people to open them up at night and see the stars and the moon at night where sunroofs weren't even about letting light in, but air. So even though technically it's a moonroof, a moonroof is a sunroof, so calling a moonroof a sunroof isn't wrong. Roof!
Old 04-22-2018, 02:58 AM

Garage
I love the sunroof on my trailhawk. It was a huge factor for my wife loving the jeep!
Old 04-22-2018, 06:31 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
I have a 2017 Trailhawk in the Redline Pearl, with the Panoramic Sunroof. I LOVE it! I've always owned vehicles with sunroofs, but this one takes the cake! You can keep the sunscreen open all the way back, or closed over just the rear seats. When the front roof is open it's much larger than ones I've had in the past.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:30 AM

You will thoroughly enjoy the panoramic sunroof, and I believe it is the only roof venting option.Enjoy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in