Consumer Reports Review - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 11-13-2007, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Consumer Reports Review

By any chance has anyone read the full Consumer Reports review of the Jeep Compass? Since I'm not a member, I wasn't able to read the full reviews; though, I just noticed on their website that the Jeep Compass received a "first-tier recommendation", while the Jeep Patriot and Dodge Caliber did not.

I find it rather odd since the three vehicles are so similar.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars ... -index.htm

Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-13-2007, 08:05 PM

There's some info in this thread on the Jeep Compass review from Consumer Reports. It was in the February 2007 issue:

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/vie ... sc&start=0

There's some info in this thread too:

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3484

So far Consumer Reports has tested a Jeep Compass Sport 4X4, Jeep Patriot Limited Trail Rated 4X4, Dodge Caliber R/T AWD & Dodge Caliber SXT.
The Compass scored the highest. I think the reason that the Patriot scored lower was because the Trail Rated Model gets lower mileage.
The Compass is the only one that has been Recommended so far because it's the only one that has scored high enough in their reliability surveys. The Patriot is to new and the Caliber had some problems in the early going.

Hope that helps.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
post #3 of 3 Old 12-12-2007, 06:52 PM

Exactly. In my own surveys the Caliber started out rough, but improved fairly quickly, so that now it's actually a bit more reliable than the Compass and Patriot, and quite good by any measure of reliability.

The problem with CR's system is that they hold poor initial reliability against a model for three years, even when it's clear that recently produced cars are reliable.

You'll see this in the Chevy Equinox and Pontiac Torrent, at least last time I checked. The Equinox has the reliability of the 2005 held against it. The Torrent was introduced in 2006, and so does not, even though a new Equinox should be just as reliable as a new Torrent.

My system will be smarter than this. Just need more participants.

Vehicle reliability research

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vehicle reliability, fuel economy, and price comparison information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in