wow truthaboutcars votes compass the worst auto. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
ACX

wow truthaboutcars votes compass the worst auto.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/review ... iles-2007/

total joke imo, voted on by the masses there.

Michael Karesh here who panders to you for reliability data is a contributor on that site FYI as per his link on the front page.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 01:11 AM

Garage
I can't understand how somebody could be so correct on most other car comments could possibly miss the mark so badly for our Compass. He is delusional (but spot on with all the other comments).

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

ďEverybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.Ē
-Henry David Thoreau

post #3 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
ACX

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe
I can't understand how somebody could be so correct on most other car comments could possibly miss the mark so badly for our Compass. He is delusional (but spot on with all the other comments).
all a matter of opinion I guess. I wouldn't trade my 08 nitro for anything. I could have bought virtually anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 12:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACX
all a matter of opinion I guess.

You got that right, I find his reviews very amusing just the same, I suppose he could compose similar critiques for most any vehicle. I wonder what the writer drives. Is there a flawless vehicle anywhere?

My second car is a '75 Triumph TR6 and as much as I love that vehicle, you can't imagin how much fun we have poking at our British cars' idiosyncrasies. :lol:

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

ďEverybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.Ē
-Henry David Thoreau

post #5 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 02:02 PM

I left a reply at the bottom of the article. What a joke that article is!

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
post #6 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 02:14 PM

They seem to really have it out for GM and Chrysler.

As for the Compass, I think reviewers are way too harsh in general. It's almost like they follow a template for their criticism. They always start out with a discussion of interior materials (mainly plastic) and how cheap they are when compared against vehicles that cost $5000+ more. They never bring up the fact that you can get a Compass with AWD, ABS, side airbags, etc., etc., for a fraction of what it would cost in a supposedly comparable, yet significantly more expensive vehicle--It always comes down to cheap plastic :-)

After complaining about cheap materials yet again, a typical reviewer then gets very nostalgic about ruining the sanctity of the the Jeep name, and then goes into a tirade about how the Compass isn't meant for off road use and doesn't have a low lock.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 PM

They Deleted My Post!

Here's what I wrote:

I find it humorous that the Jeep Compass is the worst car but the Jeep Patriot and Dodge Caliber (which are almost identical according to this website) don't even get mentioned. The inclusion of the Jeep Compass on this list has nothing to do with the car itself and everything to do with Jeep Snobbery that thinks it's not a real Jeep. What a joke!

Here's the reply that was emailed to me:

--- Robert Farago <[email protected]> wrote:

TTAC's posting policy: no flaming the website, its authors or fellow commentators. You are free to disagree with anything, just not insult/attack/flame any of the above.

Do this again and you will be permanently banned from posting.

RF

Not sure who I attacked???

:

post #8 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 PM

http://www.rrstar.com/homepage/x799502952

I also posted this article and they deleted it too.

Seems like they have an agenda to me.

:!:

post #9 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 05:09 PM

Well they seem to have forgiven me:

--- Robert Farago <[email protected]> wrote:

Thinking about it again, perhaps you're right.

Probation rescinded. But please be careful about flaming others. Tone it down a bit, relax and let loose the dogs of war.

Or something like that.

RF

:!:

post #10 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 06:04 PM

Here's My Post

Quote:

While youíre all slamming the american made vechiles I am curious to find out what youíre driving and your age. Iím sure many of you feel that the Honda Civic is the height of automotive creation and that the Skyline was sent to earth by god.

I proudly own a Compass and love the feel and handling of it. When I was looking for a new vechile I test drove 3 different Mazda, a couple different Honda, Ford, Chevy, and Pontiac. The Compass easily compared to ANY of them. The handling is great, the fuel mileage if better than many others and I can get all 3 my kids in it. The interior has a better quality than most of the others that I drove (a piece of the dash fell off of the Mazda 3 when I was test driving) and has far better esthetics.

You want an ugly gas guslering, poorly designed vechile try looking at the Toyota FJ. http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/

My Compass has more passanger room, far better handling and pick-up, and console design.
He's the reply that I got.
Quote:
This is a perfect example of "trolling:" making inflammatory remarks designed to create a flame war.

In common English, you're baiting the bastards. Make your point. Just don't be nasty to others.

Not allowed. Do it again and you'll be permanently banned from posting.

RF
The removed the
"While youíre all slamming the american made vechiles I am curious to find out what youíre driving and your age. Iím sure many of you feel that the Honda Civic is the height of automotive creation and that the Skyline was sent to earth by god. "
post #11 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 08:04 PM

Sounds like they have an agenda to me... all 10 worst cars were North American...

post #12 of 16 Old 11-15-2007, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
ACX

Re: They Deleted My Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005
RF

Not sure who I attacked???

:
you aren't anyone on there unless you've been threatened with a ban.

you see not being able to present a diffferent opinion without getting banned is the best way to get a legion of like minded commenters which they clearly have there. Pretty simple. They are clearly more comfortable preaching to the choir.

The most telling thing about the amount of swing they have on the net is that they fundraise by selling bbq aprons and trucker hats, while many of their writers leave for actual paying jobs.

:lol:

and indeed everyone has their opinions and that is all cool.

If you take exception to that site, then if I were you I'd think twice about assisting true delta with their reseach since he is clearly affiliatd with them.

I mean this sticky thread here

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=313

he writes for truthaboutcars.

to me that thread is an eyesore on this site but that is me.

I know my g/f loves her Compass and that is what matters. a bunch of angry armchair auto execs don't change that.
post #13 of 16 Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel543
Here's My Post

Quote:

While youíre all slamming the american made vechiles I am curious to find out what youíre driving and your age. Iím sure many of you feel that the Honda Civic is the height of automotive creation and that the Skyline was sent to earth by god.

I proudly own a Compass and love the feel and handling of it. When I was looking for a new vechile I test drove 3 different Mazda, a couple different Honda, Ford, Chevy, and Pontiac. The Compass easily compared to ANY of them. The handling is great, the fuel mileage if better than many others and I can get all 3 my kids in it. The interior has a better quality than most of the others that I drove (a piece of the dash fell off of the Mazda 3 when I was test driving) and has far better esthetics.

You want an ugly gas guslering, poorly designed vechile try looking at the Toyota FJ. http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/

My Compass has more passanger room, far better handling and pick-up, and console design.
He's the reply that I got.
[quote:t2fwtey2]
This is a perfect example of "trolling:" making inflammatory remarks designed to create a flame war.

In common English, you're baiting the bastards. Make your point. Just don't be nasty to others.

Not allowed. Do it again and you'll be permanently banned from posting.

RF
The removed the
"While youíre all slamming the american made vechiles I am curious to find out what youíre driving and your age. Iím sure many of you feel that the Honda Civic is the height of automotive creation and that the Skyline was sent to earth by god. "[/quote:t2fwtey2]

So basically anything that disagrees with them is flaming...

post #14 of 16 Old 11-16-2007, 03:54 PM

Although Yes I can see how my first part COULD be interpreted as trying to purposly cause a reaction but really look at the comments that were posted regarding the Compass and other vechiles. The "reviews" of the vechiles should be removed for the same reasons.

They make high and might comments regarding their thoughts on the Compass but really don't prove any point on how they considered the Compass belongs in the worse vechile. Other entries have comments on the fule mileage and passenger room, nothing like that regarding the Compass. They make some comment about the interior having plastic in it. OMG!! Ya try to find ANY vechile these days that don't have plasic in the interior.
post #15 of 16 Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
ACX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel543
Although Yes I can see how my first part COULD be interpreted as trying to purposly cause a reaction but really look at the comments that were posted regarding the Compass and other vechiles. The "reviews" of the vechiles should be removed for the same reasons.

They make high and might comments regarding their thoughts on the Compass but really don't prove any point on how they considered the Compass belongs in the worse vechile. Other entries have comments on the fule mileage and passenger room, nothing like that regarding the Compass. They make some comment about the interior having plastic in it. OMG!! Ya try to find ANY vechile these days that don't have plasic in the interior.
their list is a creative writing exercise, and the cars are voted on by their well groomed and moderated commentary masses so most of it is no surprise.

Sort of like a mildly retarded version of the hitler youth, selling trucker hats to support their cause. :lol:
post #16 of 16 Old 11-19-2007, 06:07 PM

http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2007/11/ ... cars-.html

Some interesting comments after the article.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in