The reason for too high fuel consumption? - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By DixieWheeler
  • 1 Post By mikeexelby

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 06-30-2018, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

The reason for too high fuel consumption?

Hi dear friends,
I have 2008 Compass 2.4 CVT. LAst week, my wife forgot to switched off the front lights and the battery was totally dead in the morning. I managed to start the car with jump from another car and tried to recharge it by driving so long. Now the battery is OK, it works nice. But after that event now the fuel consumption jumped to the 20 litre for 100 km on the screen. Under the normal conditions, it is average 13 liter/100km. I couldn't figure it out. I checked the ECU with OBD2 tool, no problem message there. Whatever I did(driving so so calmly, resetting the screen, checking all the oils, etc.) couldn't get it lower and this makes we worried about it. By the way, there is no problem about the performance, it madly goes but I don't prefer this situation.
Is there anyone who has experienced this and can help me? I need those advices and ideas.
Thanks in advance.
P.S.: I couldn't figure out whether the statistics on the screen shows the reality or just the calculation is mistaken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-15-2018, 10:32 AM

good post

Time and era both are rapidly changing. Inflation is swiftly effecting people in the world and I got to read some shocking facts in best essays writing help a recent report on the world's natural resources.
webster likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-16-2018, 03:09 AM

When the battery dies the computer resets itself. It basically has to relearn how to drive all over again. I would give it sometime before doing anything crazy.
webster likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-18-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, as you said, now it turned to normal.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-18-2018, 11:14 PM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

It probably takes 300km for the ECM to re-learn your driving style. I think if you drove it nice and easy after the battery was disconnected it should give you good fuel economy; if you drove it hard it would give you better performance. It probably going to learn what you teach it. After a few hundred kms, it should be locked in unless you re-set it again.

Last edited by Jasmine; 09-18-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in