My Three Month Review - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 01-03-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

My Three Month Review

I got my 2008 Compass at the very beginning of November. I had actually been very lucky in my timing. I ordered the car just in time to get it before winter. Plus it was delivered just before the strike. And also, by waiting the almost two months, when it came the dealer paid the full amount off on my Toyota which was great.

The first couple of days were just great. I had wanted this car so bad since it was released and was worried that I might not like it as much when I finally had one. But I felt at home right away. Plus with my first sunroof I was loving it.

I live in southern Quebec, so I only had about one month of warm weather before I had to think about getting winter tires. Lucky me, there was a sale at Canadian Tire four Good Year Nordics and I got 4 17 inch for $97 each. Then I happened to call the dealer when they had a special on rims, got four of those for $60 each.

I did have to take it in at around 1,000 kms just after I got my winter tires on. The check engine light was on, but they didn't find anything and just fixed whatever sensor was causing it. I just had my first oil change and so far I have been very happy with the service which was my big complaint with Toyota.

I also took the service warranty from Chrysler. I wasn't going to at first, but my wife really wanted the peace of mind so I went for it. That warranty basically covers all of my oil changes, tires changes and balancing plus most of the parts are covered. I have to admit, it is nice to go in, sit down and have them hand the keys over when it's done and just walk out, no bills.

Now for my likes and dislikes. I like sitting up in the seat. It's not as high as an SUV, but it feels high. I got a manual transmission and love the way it feels, very peppy. Lots of room inside. I only got a 4 X 2 but still love the way it handles in winter. The ESP system work great.

I kind of wish it got better mileage. But that is splitting hairs. I gets just a bit less mileage then my Matrix was, and I am averaging between 26 and 28 MPG. I'm only at 5,000 km so it could get better. The drivers window seems to get frozen easily in cold weather. Today I awoke to -32 C and the rear drivers side door was frozen shut. I don't know if this will happen often, but this is annoying when it happens.

All in all I am extremely happy with my Compass. I hope that the same can be said in a year or so. Before this I had a Toyota and two Suzuki's that I was happy with. This is my first domestic car and just hope the quality lasts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-04-2008, 01:10 PM

Garage
Re: My Three Month Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGatekeeper
I kind of wish it got better mileage. I am averaging between 26 and 28 MPG. I'm only at 5,000 km so it could get better.
The drivers window seems to get frozen easily in cold weather. Today I awoke to -32 C and the rear drivers side door was frozen shut. I don't know if this will happen often, but this is annoying when it happens.
All in all I am extremely happy with my Compass. I hope that the same can be said in a year or so. This is my first domestic car and just hope the quality lasts.
- You echo my feelings, but are getting better milage then me, I am looking at a 22miles per imperial gallon average after 8000km.
- Frozen windows and doors - at minus 32C with the crazy ups and downs we have been getting and all the snow, ANY car can suffer these proplems. Moisture formed from the melting snow while the car is warm freezes pretty fast overnight at -32C.
- I, as you, hope this, my first domestic car stands up, and that gasoline is still available ten years from now, my last car, BMW 325is I ran for 13years and over 250,000kms.
Hope to see you on the road. I wave at other Compass drivers.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in