Water Soaked Floorboard - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 12-23-2018, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Water Soaked Floorboard

Hey, so I have had my compass for 3 months now, and its been in the shop 5 times now for a leak that occurred on the driver side floorboard and in the back seat, my guess is it was wet and leaking since it was put on the lot in June. I never thought to check the floorboards for leaks on a brand new vehicle but I should have. So it has went in and got "fixed" once. and then gone back several times because the dealership was too stupid to replace the wet padding they just half ass dried it off. so last night I get in the car and inside the windshield is fogged up like 2 people been making out in my car for 6 hours non stop. So I get curious and check the floorboard and its soaked so much that if I push quickly on it i can make water splash up. The majority of the leak is right infront of the seat rails on the left side im guessing that is where the water is pooling up. I checked the rest of the vehicle and i noticed under my rubber floor mats on the passenger side rear floor there is condensation underneath them as well and the floor has a cold damp feeling but very minor. the passenger front seems totally fine the floor is dry and no condensation under the mats. To make matters worse this dealership basically destroyed all the structure of my floor when they pulled up the rear floor and I can now put my fingers under the trim in the rear seat . Has anyone else had this issue with their compass leaking? this is the second time and if it leaks again I am going to try pursuing the Delaware Lemon law . Does anyone have any suggestions or comments or experience with this issue? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-14-2019, 12:04 AM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
Do you have a sunroof???

I had this problem with a previous vehicle. The drain hose, from the sun roof had a kink in it and wouldn't drain.

As soon as they replaced it, everything was fine

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 Old 01-16-2019, 02:25 AM

Very interesting. We just got a new Jeep Compass and we had the same thing. Week after our floor mats were soaked like someone dumped a bucket of water in it. Also the condensation on the inside of the windows was so thick the defroster would not dry it up and if you wiped the window it would drip. We took it in to the dealer and they had a leak guy check it out. It was determined there was a leak coming from the cowling between the hood and the windshield dripping through the A bar. They ripped out the carpet and replaced all the carpet. So far so good but not happy that a brand new car had tons of water in it. As well it took 3 weeks to get car back. Have you got your problem fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-09-2019, 02:18 AM

Garage
So I have look in on this kind of thing and from what I have read it could be two thing. One is the previous spoken about the kink in the drainage tube in the sunroof and the other would be the drainage of the condensation of your ac. This hole is in the the engine bay which can get clog up from time to time and if it does water can leak inside the floor boards
post #5 of 5 Old 10-11-2019, 03:54 PM

sounds like sunroof issues but could be a number of things.
did they (dealer) test it with hose to trace the leak?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in