My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Tire Size with RRO 1.75" Lift?

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  H20DOG 
#1 ·
Tried a number of searches and am new to the site. I am a new owner of a 2019 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. When I need to get new tires, I hope to also upgrade with the RRO 1.75" lift. What size can I expect to fit with the lift. I know that the rear tire clearance is pretty close on the front, but want to go as big as I can. I am originally a Toyota guy and have 32x11.50R15 BFG ATs on my '88 4x4, not expecting that big, but would like to get as close to that as possible. Thanks in advance for any experience that you all may have.

-Connor

#2 ·
Biggest tire I know of without the use of spacers or major offset wheels is 245 /60 R18.
Search for Jeep Compass Trailpass. It was custom vehicle built by Jeep.
Or do a lot of reading on the Renegade forums. Those guys have done a number of wheel and tire combinations.

#3 ·
? 245/60R18 ??? Without lift or more offset/spacers??

Roughly 29x9 is the biggest I have seen people safely go with all else stock. You can put a 6 inch lift on if you want you will still only fit about a 29" tire until you get spacers or wheels with enough offset to clear the bottom of the strut springs.

#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Those particular wheels don't come on any Compass model though? Borrowed from the Cherokee maybe but even then its not certain that the concept vehicle didn't have spacers or that those rims weren't some custom makes with more offset. Fenderwell clearance isn't much of an issue its all about the lower spring mounts of the strut towers in front. You watch their video and look at the pics those wheels look like they are sticking a looong ways out of the fender compared to our stock cars, but maybe thats just my eyes. We don't know if maybe Bilstein or someone made longer struts for this special project instead of the typical spacer kit at the top of the struts. Bilstein has longer struts for the Renegade so its not much of a stretch of the imagination, but without knowing I don't think you can base your build off that concept car...

Thats all I'm meaning to point out, is we don't know what crazy things were done to make the 245/60R18 work on the trailpass concept, so I don't think its safe to confirm to other people that size will fit for sure, lift or not. I am still putting my money on that you could have a 4" lift and still need spacers. I think you could have no lift at all and possibly fit the 245/60R18 with only spacers, most likely, but gosh it would be tight, and nobody has tried it yet that we know of(?)

I really want to see somebody try though!

#7 ·
Really like the concept truck...with the factory trailhawk 1" extra lift and a RRO 1.75" lift it does seem possible with 225 65 18 tires. This would work out to the stated tire diameter of 29.5 inches and stay at a workable width of 8.86".

Where can I get that cool looking off road stripe that is below the windows? Looks like a tread pattern at the back.

Baja-D

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.