Jeep Compass Rallye - Canada - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 02-04-2008, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Jeep Compass Rallye - Canada

Anyone heard yet when the Compass Rallye is going to be available in Canada yet? I keep hearing early spring, but can never get a exact date from my local dealerships.

My wife and I are in the market for a small SUV, and we think that the Compass Rallye could suit all our needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 AM

Garage
Re: Jeep Compass Rallye - Canada

Are dealerships in Canada kept intentionally in the dark?
Why can they not know this. Do they not care to know?
It is only an enhanced appearance package option - - -
Once it became available you think it would be just another box to check on the order form - duh?

HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO SEND OUT A BULLETIN TO LET THE DEALERS KNOW.

I found it insane that they were unable to let me know for three months when I would have my car after it was ordered.
Maybe they feel we already have three packages available to us in Canada, the Rallye could be considered a third package to the US market.
I don't know - have they made the diesel package available in North America yet?

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #3 of 10 Old 02-04-2008, 03:25 PM

I think offering the Rallye and diesel engines would both be good for Compass sales. Seemingly that's not important to Jeep.... :evil:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM

Garage

Of course not!
They are looking at the "BIG PICTURE" :lol:

Loved

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #5 of 10 Old 02-05-2008, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

This is just stupid. I called another dealership in a different city today, and they still told me early spring. So then I asked does that mean April or May or June? To which I was told if I put down some $$$ that maybe it would come in faster? I was like, what the F does that mean?

This is just stupid. The Rallye has been out in the US for well over a year now. So why don't I just go down there and buy a used one for $18K US? If these Rallyes aren't out in Canada by June, then I'll be buying one from the US when I go to visit my buddy that lives down there in July.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 AM

Garage

Wow-so they will take the order?
That's a good sign! But yet I wonder, if they are able to take your order, why don't dealers already have them on order for the showroom. You think they would be anxious to write the orders?
Truth is - once ordered - Canadian dealers have absolutely NO idea as to when the delivery will be. I ordered my Limited, with a 5-speed last March and was told 5-6 weeks, depending on production, well that turned into three months.
Apparently American buyers can trace their order status online from beginning to end, whereas in the Great White North our dealers only update once the order has been processed is that the car is complete and in transport, then expect a couple weeks still.
I would give them the deposit, say $500, they don't cash it anyway, after six weeks when they still cannot give you any idea as to delivery you can keep the order open or cancel it. They have no choice but to give you back you cheque.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #7 of 10 Old 02-06-2008, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Well I just can't believe Jeep Canada would have no idea when the Rallye version is coming out. IMO it would be a good seller up here. I am gonna try to contact Jeep Canada and find out some info. I'll keep you all updated.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 PM

TyVan, which dealers did you call? I'm from Moose Jaw.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-08-2008, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
TyVan, which dealers did you call? I'm from Moose Jaw.
Crestview, Triple 7, and Indian Head Chrysler. None had any idea.

I called to Chrysler Canada today and the person there told me that they have no record of the Rallye ever going to be offered in Canada and it may only be a US only model. If that is the case and is true, then I am getting one from the US.
post #10 of 10 Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 AM

Garage

Why not ask if the parts are available.
Order them in and have them installed. How hard could that be for a dealer.
Think MOPAR would cooperate and ship the pieces?
That way you could maintain the "Canadian" (METRIC) qualities of your car.
Push the issue with the dealers, then try Chrysler Canada if no satisfaction. The worst they may do is give you a $50 gift coupon once you order your car.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in