5 Speed pick-up... Beep beep I'm a Jeep get out of my way - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 03-27-2008, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

5 Speed pick-up... Beep beep I'm a Jeep get out of my way

First let me say that I used to street race all the time growing up. That and play Cat and Mouse or Bumber tag. Since we've gotten our new Compass I've refrained from steping on the gas too hard.

So I was waiting at the light the other evening and infront of me was an '08 Cougar (V6) and a street rod (looked like a Civic at one point). Of course when the light changed they took off. Having the 5 speed I descided to try out the pick-up. Not only did I keep up to the two of them, you could feel that there was a little more left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-29-2008, 12:41 PM

Garage
Re: 5 Speed pick-up... Beep beep I'm a Jeep get out of my way

You are so right, plenty of get up and go with the stick shift.
No trouble on entrance ramps.
I gave up a 3-series BMW and don't miss much.
I also find that the Jeep is happy to lug around at slower speeds, in say third, and still is responsive if you put your foot into it.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #3 of 5 Old 04-30-2008, 05:39 PM

i drove a 98 tj that was on it's last legs, it is soo refreshing to have a jeep that can accually pass someone on the highway. I love the five speed, i still getting used to it, i not used to having such a quick sift, i have owned nothing but trucks to those were long throws. people said the Compass is a dog, well i know that ain't true. but also it isn't a race car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-01-2008, 12:06 AM

I agree with you all. Every review would say the Compass had no balls, and was slower than a turtle. I drove an Acura RSX before this and I find it somewhat comparable. If you know how to properly drive a Stick, you won't have issues. I think it's the CVT Auto that gets the crappy-slow reviews.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-08-2008, 04:33 AM

unfortunately I have the tiptronic version...I kinda don't mind due to having to be in traffic everyday to work and home... But, out of curiosity i've tracked the jeep... I have the 2.4 FWD and I have got the best time of 16.639 which I think for a STOCK jeep, is amazing...my neon I had before...with cold air intake... fastest I got was 17.6 lol..so its already MUCH better

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in