a few questions - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 07-19-2011, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs up a few questions

I have been modding my 2010 compass sport like crazy, and I was wondering if anyone new of turbo kits for the 2.4l that won't cause any damage. I also want to lower my compass, but all I can find is a 1.5in eibach kit, anyone find anything that drops at least 2 inches?? Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-19-2011, 05:38 PM

Garage
that's like looking for a woman in a brothel that doesn't use protection that won't make you itch afterwards. with boost comes risk. you're literally forcing air into the engine faster than it would normally suck it in, so the more boost, the more damage you're going to cause. my advice is to do a lot of research before you do this, because you can damage a lot by boosting your car if you don't build up the rest of it to be able to handle it.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-25-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstercompass13 View Post
I have been modding my 2010 compass sport like crazy, and I was wondering if anyone new of turbo kits for the 2.4l that won't cause any damage. I also want to lower my compass, but all I can find is a 1.5in eibach kit, anyone find anything that drops at least 2 inches?? Thanks guys
How about the turbo off a pt cruiser? Doesn't it use a 2.4 engine in it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-25-2011, 08:12 PM

Garage
monstercompass13 I've got a an idea and potential solution for lowering your compass. Find a shop that will custom cut your factory springs. I know a lot people who will disagree but when done properly, it is 100% safe. HOWEVER, it will do nothing more than lowering the car. Unlike getting Eibach or H&R springs, which help with ride quality.

I would suggest buying Eibach springs and then getting some bigger wheels to fill the wheel well.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage246 View Post
How about the turbo off a pt cruiser? Doesn't it use a 2.4 engine in it?
no, it's a different 2.4 engine. even though it is the same displacement, it's a totally different engine. you'll need to do a lot of homework before you get involved in forced induction.

and don't be fooled by "eletronic superchargers" on ebay. each and every one of them is crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsnation View Post
monstercompass13 I've got a an idea and potential solution for lowering your compass. Find a shop that will custom cut your factory springs. I know a lot people who will disagree but when done properly, it is 100% safe. HOWEVER, it will do nothing more than lowering the car. Unlike getting Eibach or H&R springs, which help with ride quality.

I would suggest buying Eibach springs and then getting some bigger wheels to fill the wheel well.
and for the love of god, do not take this advice. cutting springs is not safe, no matter how you do it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in