Im looking for some stuff - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Im looking for some stuff

As stated before from me Im trying to mod out my compass and build an SRT4 out of it. That being said I need a few mods that Im having issues finding.

1.) Full Turbo kit( turbo, intercooler, piping, blow off, waste gate, etc.)
2.) Rallye rear spoiler

if anyone can help me find the 2 things that I cant that would be awesome.

SRT4 Compass
265hp/ 140mph top out
"Catch me if you can"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 01:20 PM

Garage
What is your plan of attack for the CVT? That transmission is not going to like nor be able to handle that kind of power.

I would advise against this and stick with an air intake, headers and exhaust. Remember many caliber and SRT4 parts will fit our compass.
post #3 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 01:22 PM

Garage
Oh I forgot to mention that the SRT4's turbo system is a Mitsubishi TD04HL4S-20 turbo and the transmission was a Getrag six-speed manual transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I was actually thinking about a tranny swap in the far out future, I already have a stage 3 cold air and cat back exhaust. Im adding in the headers for that little boost. Speed is not the issue, as it stands I can get my car up to about 140mph, its torque that Im lacking so getting to high speeds takes to long, any suggestions on how to boost my take off without replacing my cvt?

SRT4 Compass
265hp/ 140mph top out
"Catch me if you can"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 04:29 PM

Garage
use the manual shift...that's your only hope. CVT sole purpose is fuel economy and is engineered as such.

What exhaust do you have? I'm thinking about ordering a magnaflow but I do not want a ricey sounding coffee can exhaust.
post #6 of 22 Old 07-22-2011, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I am using an RS dual port, Andy's Auto Sport Body Kits - Your Body Kit Superstore!, its a universtal exhaust, kinda tunerish, but still has great sound and a good high output. If you wanna hear it look me up on youtube, my page is minimonstar88, I have a pretty good vid clip up of my pipe reved to 3000rpm

SRT4 Compass
265hp/ 140mph top out
"Catch me if you can"

post #7 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 12:24 AM

Garage
Sounds good. Do you think a 2010 cat-back exhaust from Borla or Magnaflow will fit a 2011? I would think so but I'm a little confused because the magnaflow site list a new part number for 2011. BUT the exhaust is so I new I can not find any vendors that has model #15063.
post #8 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 11:15 AM

Garage
its been concluded before that tranny swaps will not work in these vehicles, and if you research the caliber RT (same engine as compass) to srt4 conversion. the guy had spent around 10k for everything and it was untuneable. its just a big waste of money stated by him. there are no tuners available for these, and the immobiliser will only allow the engine and components to work with the stock ecu.

there are no turbo kits built to fit these, and i got lucky finding my rallye spoiler off ebay. but you could always check with the dealer.

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #9 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
well that blows, but oh well its still fun building. I really like the look of your compass bro, its clean yet aggressive.

SRT4 Compass
265hp/ 140mph top out
"Catch me if you can"

post #10 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thought of a couple more things that I cant find. I need to kill the jeeps body roll in hard corners, so I need front & rear, upper & lower strut support bars

SRT4 Compass
265hp/ 140mph top out
"Catch me if you can"

post #11 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
its been concluded before that tranny swaps will not work in these vehicles, and if you research the caliber RT (same engine as compass) to srt4 conversion. the guy had spent around 10k for everything and it was untuneable. its just a big waste of money stated by him. there are no tuners available for these, and the immobiliser will only allow the engine and components to work with the stock ecu.

there are no turbo kits built to fit these, and i got lucky finding my rallye spoiler off ebay. but you could always check with the dealer.
Agreed. monstercompass, you do have one sick Compass though!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #12 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 07:14 PM

Hey, im new to the site. Im just wondering if you guys no where i can order some flood lights. Btw there are some sick!! rides on here
post #13 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey thanks cherokee, I have been spending a lot of time and money to get my compass built up
A-1-I, check out carid.com or andysautosport.com

SRT4 Compass
265hp/ 140mph top out
"Catch me if you can"

post #14 of 22 Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstercompass13 View Post
well that blows, but oh well its still fun building. I really like the look of your compass bro, its clean yet aggressive.
Thank you, yours is a looker as well. definetly different and really nice!

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #15 of 22 Old 07-24-2011, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I just wish mine was a little faster off the line

SRT4 Compass
265hp/ 140mph top out
"Catch me if you can"

post #16 of 22 Old 07-25-2011, 04:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstercompass13 View Post
thought of a couple more things that I cant find. I need to kill the jeeps body roll in hard corners, so I need front & rear, upper & lower strut support bars
I was thinking we should be able to get these from a caliber, no? I'll have to see if I can get some sizing specs on this.
post #17 of 22 Old 07-25-2011, 04:48 PM

Garage
Looks like Mopar and Modern Performance both make them:

Suspension Parts, Struts, Springs, Strut bars, Swaybars, Coilovers

I'll email modern performance for sizing specs.
post #18 of 22 Old 07-26-2011, 12:27 PM

Garage
Confirmed, the modern performance, DC sports or Mopar (really expensive and designed by DC Sports) strut bars will all fit. Modern performance was also nice enough to measure this.
post #19 of 22 Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
What websites can I order these off of??

SRT4 Compass
265hp/ 140mph top out
"Catch me if you can"

post #20 of 22 Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 PM

Garage
Besides Amazon and eBay, http://www.modernperformance.com was the only online store I saw with reasonable prices. Choose 07-11 Dodge Caliber.
post #21 of 22 Old 07-29-2011, 05:19 AM

That transmission is not going to like nor be able to handle that kind of power.
post #22 of 22 Old 08-01-2011, 11:22 PM

Garage
Good luck to install a turbo and tune your ECU with it.. also don't install a headers if you want a turbo.. it will be not compatible, same thing with your cold air intake..

my sudgestion will be to forget about a turbo, its alot torque, you will destroy your transmission and the suspention is so bad... that car.. oups Jeep is really fragile

modernperformance made a crank pully for the caliber, maybee it is compatible with our compass.

If your not a chikken install a NOS system in your Compass and post some videos

Jeep Compass 2008 Manuel
16x8 Unique Series 42, +12 offset with Goodyear UltraGrip Ice 235/60/16
DynoMAX custom dual-exit catback
Mopar spoiler and tail light guard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in