More forums? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 09-09-2008, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

More forums?

I'm the owner of a website dedicated to Neon's and I was curious why their aren't more forums here for people to post? I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, just asking.

I think it would be cool to have a Project Log area, and maybe a Tech Area. Does the Jeep have any sort of On-Board Diagnostics that you can get thru key-stroke on/off? (Trouble Codes)

The reason I ask, is because the Neon has one, and it def comes in handy when you have your check engine come on.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-10-2008, 06:14 AM

Re: More forums?

Hi Wes, a quick Google search turned up your forum in a hurry - http://neontuners.org/forum/

Your site has 197 members and 14,128 posts. That's an average of 71 posts per member.

This site has 453 members and 4,295 posts. That's an average of just 9 posts per member.

While I'm not opposed to adding more forums, I don't think there's enough visitors to warrant another pile of forums. We do *kind of* have a tech section - http://www.myjeepcompass.com/tech/ (lame, I know!)

As for trouble codes, I think the only way to get them is to use an OBD-II code reader. Plus I own and operate http://www.obd-codes.com which is dedicated to helping people with trouble codes, so I usually direct people there with those sorts of issues
post #3 of 5 Old 09-20-2008, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Re: More forums?

Ah, you do your homework. Good stuff. Yeah I wasn't sure. I know the Compass thing is still sorta taking off. And thanks for the info on the OBDII codes. I was just checking, since I'm a new owner of a Compass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMotorWes View Post
Ah, you do your homework. Good stuff. Yeah I wasn't sure. I know the Compass thing is still sorta taking off. And thanks for the info on the OBDII codes. I was just checking, since I'm a new owner of a Compass.
actualy yes u can use ur key to get the codes put ur key in the ignition turn it three times but dont turn over if u start the engine it wont work. three quick turns and the dash board will light up and where the odometer is u will see dashes then either it will start to display codes or u will see the word done if u see done no codes read

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Life is great when cruisen with a Beagle dont leave home without one

07 jeep compass sport
4x4 2.4 16-valve dual vvt
cvtII/ 111,00 miles
customer preferred package 26E
post #5 of 5 Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 AM
Administrator

True ^^^^ just remember they won't show up like OBD-II codes, i.e. P0424 etc. except through a code reader.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in