2011 compass crash test ratings tested personally - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2011 compass crash test ratings tested personally

well, i don't know what they are (because they're not posted on the window sticker), but i can tell you from personal experience, they're pretty good

my wife was rear-ended on monday by a kid in a focus not paying attention. he hit her so hard she went into the car in front of her, a second gen jeep grand cherokee. he went under her and ripped the exhaust down, so the car was not driveable. the airbags did not go off, but one thing i did notice that my wife did not was that the active head restraints deployed. i've had to explain to the insurance company three times why our car has "headrests" listed on the damage report! damage was both bumpers, headlights, liftgate was scratched, hood, grille, exhaust, radiator, ac condensor, and other minor things. just shy of $6k in damages was the estimate.

she's fine, not even a scratch and didn't feel sore the next day. overall i'm very impressed with these little cars.

and here's a picture of the headrest so that you 10+ guys can see what your headrests will do in the event of an accident.

headrest picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 07:35 PM

Garage
WOW that's too bad but the headrests are cool. Hope all turns out ok.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
it was towed to my dealership's body shop, and all the parts that are going to fix it are coming from my dealership's parts department, which is right downstairs. my parts manager is keeping me totally up to date with how long it is taking for the parts to come in. the writer said that this will be the first time that the customer will receive updates on the parts coming in before he will! he's glad that i'm kept up to date, and that i won't be calling him and bugging him wondering where my jeep is lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-06-2011, 04:37 AM

Garage
Glad to know your wife is OK. Interesting to see the headrests. I feel a lot safer in my new 2011 Compass Lat. 4x4 than my old Cherokee.

2011 Jeep Compass Lat. 4x4
Sun/Sound Package
26B Package
Sat. Radio
Mopar molded mud flaps & Mopar Winter Slush Matts
Weathertech vent visors (in-channel)
post #5 of 7 Old 08-09-2011, 05:54 PM

Glad your wife is OK. It's also comforting that the Compass is a tough car.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Sorry to hear about the accident but glad to hear your wife is ok! Pretty cool feature there with the headrests, good to know they worked as intended.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #7 of 7 Old 08-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Garage
Good to hear the wife is ok.

The headrests popping is something I've never seen before, kind of coo, especially if it helps preventing injury.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in