Chrysler Goes Electric - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 09-23-2008, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Chrysler Goes Electric

Today Chrysler announced in a press release the introduction of its new ENVI team, which is a cross-functional team within Chrysler, strategically intended to develop electric-drive production vehicles and related advanced-propulsion technologies.

The intent behind creating the ENVI team is to establish a small, nimble team that will be able to move quickly and have access to the vast resources within Chrysler to allow rapid proliferation of electric-drive vehicles and to permit Chrysler LLC to develop a new generation of environmentally responsible Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles.

To read more and see video of the unveiling on CNBC, check out the Chrysler LLC blog just click on: http://www.chryslerllc.com/en/innova...&adid=CLLCENVI.

Also if you would like to see specifics on EV for each brand visit Chrysler LLC home page http://www.chryslerllc.com/en/?pid=Foru ... LCHomeENVI

Jeep Online Dialogue Representative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-800-925-JEEP / 1-800-925-5337
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-24-2008, 01:49 AM

Re: Chrysler Goes Electric

Thanks for the info. What I'd like to see sooner (read:now) is a diesel Compass/Patriot. It's already in production outside North America so it shouldn't be too hard to bring it here. Pretty please

Oh, and put me down for one of these
post #3 of 6 Old 09-28-2008, 11:18 PM

Re: Chrysler Goes Electric

SWEET! Now for the reality check. How much are these things going to cost?

At least Chrysler got the message that a 40 mile range is not realistic for a vehicle given how spread out our country is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-29-2011, 03:26 AM

2008 Compass

I was actually wondering what the feasibility of using the CVT in my Jeep Compass with an electric motor instead of the 1.4L engine. It seems to me the Jeep compass is already set up to be an all wheel Drive EV cross over...
post #5 of 6 Old 05-29-2011, 05:34 AM

oh no! Chrysler can't even get down simple suspension components on the compass never mind an electric vehicle. speaking of electrical for the second time in 2 years of ownership i replaced my alternator. good luck to who ever plans on buying these!hope they have deep pockets.

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
190,000 km (Always in the shop)
Recently Overhauled every link/bushing in the front/rear
20% tint on windows
Lamin-X smoked tail lights
Painted all silver interior trim satin black.
I strongly Reccomend You Don't buy a Jeep Compass!!!!
post #6 of 6 Old 05-30-2011, 01:57 PM

Garage
check the date on the post guys, it's three years old. Fiat disbanded the ENVI program a long time ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in