I've bought the roof rails. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 08-26-2011, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

I've bought the roof rails.

My husband and I are going camping in Cameron, Wisconsin for Labor Day weekend. I have been wanting and pricing the roof rails, and just put off buying them until we actually needed them.

I got the for $189.99 plus $11.98 shipping on Amazon.com. The was considerably cheaper that I could find them anywhere else. I'm just hoping that they get here by next Friday.

As some of you may know, my husband had a long rehab after having complications when his aortic valve was replaced in Dec. 2008.

He finally felt well enough to go back to work this spring. He sells semi and heavy equipment tires, and the company he works for is a subsidiary of a local Jeep Dealership, so his benefits and paycheck come from there. He gets an employee discount on parts, but they were cheaper to buy on Amazon.

So once we recieve our roof rails, we will be installing our Sears x-cargo, and heading off to Lake Chetak. We will be tent-camping on a lake front lot. Because of my husband's health, it's been 4 years since we've had a summer vacation, away from home.We're looking forward to enjoying a few days in the great outdoors, some R&R, and hopefully some good fishing.

A girl and her Jeep - a beautiful thing

Barbara Frechette
2010 White Jeep Cherokee Sport
St. Paul, MN, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Sweet...........Barb...picture hopefully?????

And have agreat trip !!!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-09-2011, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

Sorry, no pics, I had worked 5 straight 12 hr shifts ending the day before we left, so I didn't pack a camera. I had pack our clothes before my long stretch of work, and Friday before we left, we just packed up our camping gear from the garage, and picked up groceries along the way.

Like I said, I bought the roof rail off Amazon, for $189.00, less than I could get them anywhere. Well, they arrived on Wednesday, before we left. They did not, however, come with instructions. I couldn't reach the shipper by phone, but was able to contact them via e-mail through Amazon. Their reply was that they didn't have instructions, and that most people "have them professionally installed". I ended stopping in at my dealer and someone there was familar with the installation, and showed me how to do it. (It' really simple, but you have to tear back the weatherstripping to get to the screws t open up the brackets to fit over the factory installed rails)

They look great. We decided to leave our x-cargo on our Sable Wagon, and we used a soft sided luggage carrier that I had gotten real cheap at a garage sale and we were able to fit our tent, tarps, sleeping bags, and air mattresses in it. The cabin of the Jeep was filled with our other gear, cooler, clothing and pillows. (Think the Beverly Hillbillies to to camp).

The trip went well. We hadn't been camping in 4 years, and we had forgotten how much we like camping. We had a pretty bad thunderstom Saturday morning, and therefore our trip out with a fishing guide had to be cancelled because of lightening.

My husband has a bad back, so he found getting up from an air mattress difficult, so we are now in the market for a pop-up camper, which means we'll need to get a hitch istalled.

A girl and her Jeep - a beautiful thing

Barbara Frechette
2010 White Jeep Cherokee Sport
St. Paul, MN, USA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in