Fuel Economic Problem! PLZ HELP - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 09-09-2011, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Fuel Economic Problem! PLZ HELP

hello fellow Compass owners, i'm new to this forum. I have a 07 compass that was bought in 08 with 36k miles or 58k km on it. I've been driving it since then. It now has 55k miles or 89k km on it. I've been experiencing some problems for the past year. First of all, i used to be able to get apprx. 280 miles or 450 KM from full to lights come on. Now i'm only getting mostly 230 Miles or 350 km. This is a huge concern since its a great decrease and i;ve been driving the same way. My second problem is the low beam light. At night time when i turn on the low beam, the right side does not turn on. But high beam works. I have changed the light bulb, but it didn't resolve the problem. What could be wrong?

Is fuel economy related to tire? I know i dun have much left on my tires and i've been noticing the " engine braking" kind of experience when i let off the gas. Could it be a transmission problem? And when should i change the transmission fluid?

PLZ HELP!!!! THX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Well again, welcome to the forum glad to have you join us! Something definitely doesn't sound right with your mpg's. Do you have any of the maintenance history on your Compass? Sounds like it's in need of a tune up, i.e., spark plug change, air filter change if they haven't been done. Those two things alone will do wonders for fuel economy. Did your Compass come with an owner's manual? That will tell you when the trans needs serviced as well but good luck!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in