Tempted - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Tempted

Well my son got a 2011 Wrangler this month . . . and well . . . as much as i love my Compass, I love the drive of the Wrangler sooo much that I am going today to see about buying the 2012.
It hurts a bit to contemplate trading the Compass, I had planned running it 10years, rust proofing it each season and lovingly caring for it . . . but . . . with a Kongo Cage rack, I see the Wrangler would probably do just as well carrying my canoe so we'll see what happens . . . how much value my Compass will have in the exchange and all.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-26-2011, 01:13 PM

Garage
The 2012 Wranglers are really nice. In fact, if I didn't have to drive 100 miles a day for work, I'd be trading in my 2011 compass!
post #3 of 10 Old 09-28-2011, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Enjoy your compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsnation View Post
The 2012 Wranglers are really nice. In fact, if I didn't have to drive 100 miles a day for work, I'd be trading in my 2011 compass!
Enjoy your Compass my friend, mine is a fine vehicle, I was sitting in a 2011 today while shopping the Wrangler and the upgrades to the interior are really sweat (although I will always be be more fond of the original grill).

Loved

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-28-2011, 01:44 AM

Garage
Which is your dealer i2canoe? Mine is Boulevard, although its not my local (thats Rive-Sud). Did you decide to order one?

I like the Wranglers but I think I should've made the stretch to a Grand Cherokee, it would make keeping it for 5 years more appealing! (I prefer 2 years per car!)

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

post #5 of 10 Old 10-05-2011, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Enjoying the ride

I must say . . . I am enjoying my ride today every bit as much as when I first got my Compass in '07.
That said, I put down my deposit and wrote up an order for the 2012 Wrangler.
I seem to remember it taking them nearly three months to get my '07 delivery . . . sure hope the Wrangler will be built quicker . . .
Meanwhile - the Compass is running fantastic, hope I won't have to install the snows.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #6 of 10 Old 10-13-2011, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
the waiting game

My salesman let me know it will take more than 4 or 6 weeks to see the Wrangler I ordered. Looks like I will have to use the Compass with winter tyres again . . . maybe no Wrangler even before Xmas.
For now I have to keep driving the Compass with extra loving care, not to diminish the trade-in value.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-13-2011, 02:34 PM

Heh, they know snows are mandatory in Montreal. You should talk to them a see if they can deliever with snows on it (from the factory if possible) or dealer black rim package at a big discount. You'll need them don't you know until March I am sure.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #8 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Heh, they know snows are mandatory in Montreal. You should talk to them a see if they can deliever with snows on it (from the factory if possible) or dealer black rim package at a big discount. You'll need them don't you know until March I am sure.
Nice thought, my salesman said the tyres the Sahara comes with are legal for winter until 2014. Thanks for the thought.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #9 of 10 Old 10-14-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe View Post
Nice thought, my salesman said the tyres the Sahara comes with are legal for winter until 2014. Thanks for the thought.
Very good then, you're all set once you get it. It would be somewhat delinqent of them to have tires on it you can't legally drive off the lot with when they had it over to you. It would be interesting how that would be handled their in Montreal. Certainly for cars don't get winter tires from the factory or never used to.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #10 of 10 Old 10-15-2011, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
Very good then, you're all set once you get it. It would be somewhat delinqent of them to have tires on it you can't legally drive off the lot with when they had it over to you. It would be interesting how that would be handled their in Montreal. Certainly for cars don't get winter tires from the factory or never used to.
Interesting enough, my son bought a 2011 Wrangler in September (big push on the 2011's once the 2012's were arriving, and after the fact, like when he was taking delivery the sales man told that they would give him (free) winter tires when he brought the car in for service before winter.
-meanwhile they cheeped out on his roof. The Sahara is supposed to come with body colour top, his car is black, but iso of a nice shiny top they appear to have given his car a standard black top (with the bumpy finish) that had been treated with a shiny clear coat. He is still waiting it to be changed.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in