does PERFORMANCE CHIP GAS SAVER JEEP works? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 21 Old 10-09-2011, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

does PERFORMANCE CHIP GAS SAVER JEEP works?

Hi
I recently found some products on ebay costs 10 dolars
they are called PERFORMANCE CHIP GAS SAVER JEEP
they fit jeeps all kinds
do you think it would hurts my engine or anything bad?

the reason I need it because I have now less than the 169 hp and less power than before because I have converted the car to work on both benzine and CNG (compresses natural gas)

so what are experts advices? and have anyone used these chips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 10-09-2011, 01:46 PM

Two words. Rip. Off. 99% of these products will not make a difference HP or gas mileage wise. If you really want performance help, I'd suggest a K&N air filter, or maybe even a K&N FIPK. When it comes to performance, you get what you paid for.
post #3 of 21 Old 10-10-2011, 12:07 AM

+1 for DONT buy it! they are a total rip off... one of the funniest ones that i've seen was one that plugged into the cigarette adapter and somehow gave you 20 HP and 5 mpg! LOL

18 Redline Pearl w/Two傍one Paint Compass Latitude 2.4L, 4x4, Auto Mods/Addons:
Eonon GA2168K Android 10.1" Screen Double Din Car Multimedia Center
Previous Cars:
11 Mineral Gray Metallic Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Auto
08 Red Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 10-10-2011, 01:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Two words. Rip. Off. 100% of these products will not make a difference HP or gas mileage wise. If you really want performance help, I'd suggest a K&N air filter, or maybe even a K&N FIPK. When it comes to performance, you get what you paid for.
i went ahead and fixed your number for you.

yes, these are absolute garbage, and won't do a thing to your car, positive or negative. all it is is a resistor that goes onto your MAP sensor (at least that's what it plugged into a few years ago, don't know if that's still where it goes). the car's computer will adapt to it being there, and you'll be right back to where you start.
post #5 of 21 Old 10-12-2011, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

well

Hi guys
thanks for the replies, though it disappointed me a bit since I thought I will have some extra horsepower.

you don't know the feeling of having a weak jeep with less power. it bothers me always when I try to pass a car or accelerate.

there is a little chip you buy it from the natural gas company which makes hp again higher, but it costs a lot.
when I switch car to benzine I feel much better but again on cng and less power.

so there is no other way?

and by the way Reggie, thanks for the hint, how many hp you guess I get? and will this spend more gas than usual or saves?

yesterday had to change tie rods, the only one who makes them here is the dealer and costs 500 euro almost 700 us dollars, for both but did it at home for only the costs of the items
post #6 of 21 Old 10-12-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compasser View Post
so there is no other way?
Sure!
1)better air filter (cheap but barely gives you power, and helps a little bit in MPG)
2)get a performance muffler (this helped alot on my 2008 compass, increased MPGs and HP)
3) lastly get the car dyno tuned (works great but it is expensive, this will also increase MPGs and HP the most).

Previous Cars:
post #7 of 21 Old 10-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rh4wk View Post
3) lastly get the car dyno tuned (works great but it is expensive, this will also increase MPGs and HP the most).
you can explain how you will tune without flashing pcm or tuning device like aem fic?
post #8 of 21 Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtune View Post
you can explain how you will tune without flashing pcm or tuning device like aem fic?
because the dyno tuner will do it himself
post #9 of 21 Old 10-12-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
because the dyno tuner will do it himself
How that's the question.... no tuning device for our jeep no predator no tuning device you can change parameter off our pcm.

only b&g can play with timing et fuel map.
post #10 of 21 Old 10-12-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtune View Post
How that's the question.... no tuning device for our jeep no predator no tuning device you can change parameter off our pcm.

only b&g can play with timing et fuel map.
Any "mopar" performance tuner can do a dyno tune, the problem is finding one. There is a dyno tuner next to me, and he hopes to have a mopar setup this spring!

Previous Cars:

Last edited by w4rh4wk; 10-12-2011 at 03:59 PM.
post #11 of 21 Old 10-12-2011, 06:25 PM

Once again dyno it's for check whp and wtq. If you can not change timing and fuel map by reflash your pcm the result will be no whp gain. The only thing the operator of the dyno will do is clean your air filter et play with spark plug gap!

Do you understand what's I try to tell you? Maybe my explication it's not so good?

Like my last ride caliber srt4 i got the choice to have more performance buy stage 1 mopar pcm or buy a flash buy realtune performance(b&g performance tuner) but for our jeep no pcm is available only the flash from b&g.

No hp tuner or predator tuning device for our jeep!

Alain

Last edited by realtune; 10-12-2011 at 06:29 PM.
post #12 of 21 Old 10-13-2011, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Guys I feel like I dont understand a word of what you say about all these things, I am just a newbuy!

Reggie: are these air intake systems has to be the K & N ? is it a barand? or its just a general name?
I found here at the local market in my city some sport intake filters and they are universal here are images below:

Image-Share - image-jpg-994-213

Image-Share - image-jpg-994-215

the guy said I am not sure about the power but might give you 2 hp or something like that!, this is nothing

well on the internet it says about 20-30 hp who is right? and are you talking about different kind of filters or they are the same?

by the way the guy said the one on the second image is more powerful than the one in the first!

also the cost is about 39 euro, on ebay these stuff re very expensive if I type K&N. please explain more.

you guys so as I understood after all there is no way right? if I have to spend around 350 dollars then I better buy the special tool which is soled at the natural gas store which highers the power a bit!

thanks
post #13 of 21 Old 10-13-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compasser View Post
Reggie: are these air intake systems has to be the K & N ? is it a barand? or its just a general name?
to the best of my knowledge there is NOT a "intake system" for the 2011s yet, only air filters. For example this is an intake system for the 2008 models
K&N Intake system for 2008 jeep Compass
Quote:
Originally Posted by compasser
I found here at the local market in my city some sport intake filters and they are universal here are images below:

Image-Share - image-jpg-994-213

Image-Share - image-jpg-994-215

the guy said I am not sure about the power but might give you 2 hp or something like that!, this is nothing
That is correct aftermarket air filters will only give you a couple extra horse power.

Quote:
well on the internet it says about 20-30 hp who is right? and are you talking about different kind of filters or they are the same?
lol they are capable of making "20-30 hp" on monster engines but not ours. its all about word play .
Quote:
by the way the guy said the one on the second image is more powerful than the one in the first!
well it allows more air in because it does not have a cap on the top like the first one so i guess its "more powerful" but barely

Quote:
you guys so as I understood after all there is no way right? if I have to spend around 350 dollars then I better buy the special tool which is soled at the natural gas store which highers the power a bit!

thanks
Any car (even for v8 motors) you have to spend $500 and up to make power that you'll feel. its not cheap

Previous Cars:
post #14 of 21 Old 10-15-2011, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Hi
thanks for the reply
its sad to hear though!
how about re-flashing the software of the OBD or I mean the computer?
or even updating? does jeep gets alot of updates? and any software or a hardware with cable recommended?

by the way recently wanted to buy the spark plugs, our local store says there are some brands of dynso, but there is an attention if the motors are EZR, anyone knows what does it stand for? I didnt find any info about that on the net, niether on my registery papers!
post #15 of 21 Old 11-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rh4wk View Post
Sure!
1)better air filter (cheap but barely gives you power, and helps a little bit in MPG)
2)get a performance muffler (this helped alot on my 2008 compass, increased MPGs and HP)
These would be my recommendations, also. Even a good drop in filter until an intake kit becomes available will help, but as has been said, not significantly. Once you can open up the intake and get rid of the stock airbox, the engine will breathe better and perform better. After that, more air in means more air out, so getting rid of the restrictive stock exhaust and going with a freer flowing muffler will definitely help.

One thing to remember with performance mods, just doing one or the other won't really net much in the way of results but combined with other mods can really get you closer to where you want to be. Again, not cheap, but well worth the "you can feel it in the seat" hp gain as compared to 2-3hp, etc. Just my .02 lol.

As for programmers, not likely we'll see anything any time soon, especially for the 2011's. Chrysler has encrypted the software on the newer PCM's that none of the programmer manufacturers have been able to crack yet cause believe me, plenty of HEMI guys are waiting lol!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

Last edited by Cherokee; 11-13-2011 at 04:59 PM.
post #16 of 21 Old 11-13-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
As for programmers, not likely we'll see anything any time soon, especially for the 2011's. Chrysler has encrypted the software on the newer PCM's that none of the programmer manufacturers have been able to crack yet cause believe me, plenty of HEMI guys are waiting lol!
ugghhhh where did you see that ? i kinda of understand why they would do that... but that seems a bit extreme even for Chrysler! alienating the modding community IS NOT a smart move

Previous Cars:
post #17 of 21 Old 11-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Administrator

I read about it on another truck forum, Diablo and SuperChips are both working on it and like you, I can see both sides, I understand why they did that but I also agree, not the smart thing to do, especially considering so many people are into performance modding but still want to stay Mopar so sure hope it doesn't affect sales even though I don't think it will.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #18 of 21 Old 11-14-2011, 11:13 AM

@cherokee

about superchip:

2011 Support should be available early 2012. I have added you to our list, we will email you once it is released.

Thank you,

Drew Gorrie

Superchips Inc.

About B&G Chrysler

Dave from B&G his ready flash 2011 if he received the connector for 2011 pcm. I will call him today to confirm his ready.
post #19 of 21 Old 11-18-2011, 09:45 PM

I would stay away from that ebay crap. If you want performance. I would do the exhaust and intake. Switch to synthetics also. It sucks but I am waiting for a performance company like superchips to come out with something hopefully someday.
post #20 of 21 Old 11-19-2011, 05:43 AM
Administrator

I agree, would definitely stay away from any "chips" on ebay and I also agree on switching to synthetics, oil and t-case. realtune, definitely keep us posted if you hear anything more!

- Cherokee

post #21 of 21 Old 11-19-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
I agree, would definitely stay away from any "chips" on and I also agree on switching to synthetics, oil and t-case. realtune, definitely keep us posted if you hear anything more!

- Cherokee
Yes sire!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in