My Jeep Compass Forum banner

pass airbag light problems

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ronjr8102 
#1 ·
I have owned my 07 for 2 months and have noticed for the past few weeks that when no one is in the pass seat that the light is off. But when I put something light or press down on the seat the light goes on, but goes off when someone sits there. I dont know if its ever been in an accident & all the plugs look to be there and plugged in. So does anyone hav the same issue or know anything about it. Thanx

#2 ·
so I did a search and hav found that w/ nothin on the seat the light is off and the airbag is enabled. In my Hyunadi the light is on so the airbag wont go off in an accident and waste the airbag for no reason. Shouldnt it be the same for the Compass. Why would Jeep enable the airbag w/ no one in the pass seat? Mayb I am mis-understanding the whole thing.

#4 ·
wally 506 - thanx but also wondering if when no1 is in the seat will the airbag go off in an accident? I figure they wouldnt hav it go off so it wouldnt waste an airbag. It just seems wierd that it wouldnt be off when no1 is in the seat (most cars I see are off except when an adult is sittin)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.