Engine light has turned on - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

Engine light has turned on

Hi Guys
My 2007 jeep cvt 2.4L benzine was converted half year ago to work on CNG natural compressed gas.

anyway 2 weeks ago after I have contacted the NGK spark plugs company inn the US, they advised me to switch to a different number of spark plugs, instead of the ZFR5F-11, to buy one degree colder which is ZFR6F-11

after I bough last week, car worked and between time to time made some gaps though it feels better with the strength of engine and burning way, but I recently got my engine light on, I guess its because of it. so I removed the plugs and put the old ones, removed the positive battery connector for 10 min, then driven the car for a while then turned of the engine, again turned on the error disappeared,
yesterday was driving and almost after 40 km the error light started again, now I don't know what to do? any advice please? should i use these error code reseters, or some other advice?
our dealer in Finland is a money sucker, so would charge me alot for anything.

any advices are appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-25-2011, 01:42 AM

The 1st thing I would do is find out what code is coming up. it should be PO something. Like if it is PO420 it is a oxygen sensor. I don`t know about where you live but my local auto parts store will scan the codes free. That is going to be your best bet.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Administrator

I have to agree, best thing to do is not to clear the code(s) but to find out what they are. If you can do that and post the codes here, we can help troubleshoot better from that point. Am I correct in reading that even after you put the old plugs back in, the light is still on?

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in