It's been a while - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 12-09-2011, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

It's been a while

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've posted. I've been trying to focus on graduating high school and applying to colleges recently so I haven't had much time to get on and post, however that doesn't mean I've been ignoring my compass!

I came on this site with the main purpose of getting ideas for "what to do next". I've never had much of an interest in doing major modifications, more appearance typed things. I save all of my engine/performance mods for my BMW 325Ci.

I decided I wanted to do a few things to my compass:

- HID Lights in both headlights and fog lights
- Replace stock antenna with a shorty antenna
- Tint all windows
- Letter inserts for the back bumper
- Tint turn signals in front
- Tint back lights
- Upgrade wheels
- Interior LED bulbs
- License plate LED bulbs
- Tint both back and front Jeep logos
- Paint brake calipers

Since I made that list, I've done the following.

- HID lights are in both headlights and fogs, however the fogs are currently broken due to driving through a flooded road here and causing my ballasts to short out. I'm ordering replacements as I type this.
- Replaced my antenna with a shorty.
- All windows are tinted, I have 5% over stock on the back and 15% on the front two, plus a 5% tint strip on my windshield
- Black letter inserts added to the back bumper
- Front turn signals have 2 layers of vinyl tint over them
- Back lights are tinted to appear as if I have a brush guard over them. My original intent was to just break up the sections of the light, but it came out looking like I had guards over them. Either way I'm happy with them.
- Not planned, but my tinter decided to put a small pin stripe that follows the body line of the car from the front turn signals all the way to the back light. It really breaks up the solid color of the sides of the car, and I'm happy with it.
- Front and back logos tinted
- Painted my break calipers black using G2 kit.
- Air intake modifications to increase HP.

And lastly, the thing I'm most happy about...

I just ordered a new set of Verde Jaggedge 20' wheels along with new Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT XLs to ride on. I'm extremely excited about this as it's by far the most expensive/noticable upgrade to the car I've done so far. I don't know when they'll arrive but the day they do I will be heading to my local mechanic to have them put on.

I'm also looking at interior LEDs, but I'm going to have to talk to my tuner before I decide to buy those. I'm not sure it will be worth the money.

As soon as I have the new tires on I'll be posting pictures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-09-2011, 04:25 AM

Garage
Hi, I hav been here only a little while but hav been modding cars for a while. Nice list of mods. I debadged my Compass within a week of getting it along with all my other cars. I looked up ur rims and they will definitely make ur Compass standout from the crowd.

2007 Jeep Compass 4x4 Limited (black)
2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS (blue)
post #3 of 11 Old 12-09-2011, 06:12 PM

Welcome back!

2010 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4, Natural Green Pearl
Winner of COTM November 2011
Winner of COTM March 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Great idea to focus on your education........keep it up !!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Good to see you back and I agree, your education is important! Nice list of mods, too, look forward to seeing those pics! What kind of intake mod did you do?

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #6 of 11 Old 12-10-2011, 04:35 PM

Garage
Decent list of MODs for sure! I have a slight criticism, and it's a personal opinion is all...but about the HID headlights as aftermarket. Did a bunch of research on them cause I, myself was interested at a point, but came across some info that changed my mind rather quickly. Basically, any vehicle's headlight housings have been designed for certain bulb types-to maximize their efficiency. In the case of Audi and BMW its the HID's but not for most others. Thst being said, when you're placing something radically different like an HID into a compass, you're going to be shedding more intense light in places it was never designed to go. i.e. the eyes of oncoming traffic. It's just an engineering thing, and if you don't care, no biggie...there are many more out there that don't either. Just felt compelled to say something, as this is a forum.

Good luck with everything else though! You should post some pictures-I'm sure many look forward to the end result.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-10-2011, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.becker View Post
Decent list of MODs for sure! I have a slight criticism, and it's a personal opinion is all...but about the HID headlights as aftermarket. Did a bunch of research on them cause I, myself was interested at a point, but came across some info that changed my mind rather quickly. Basically, any vehicle's headlight housings have been designed for certain bulb types-to maximize their efficiency. In the case of Audi and BMW its the HID's but not for most others. Thst being said, when you're placing something radically different like an HID into a compass, you're going to be shedding more intense light in places it was never designed to go. i.e. the eyes of oncoming traffic. It's just an engineering thing, and if you don't care, no biggie...there are many more out there that don't either. Just felt compelled to say something, as this is a forum.

Good luck with everything else though! You should post some pictures-I'm sure many look forward to the end result.
When I put them in I applied shutters to my lenses to prevent stray beams of light from getting into other drivers eyes.

The intake mod I did wasn't really a big thing at all, just that mod that someone posted on here to remove a small plastic piece from a box inside the engine. It makes a noticeable difference considering the ease of the mod.

My new wheels are scheduled to get here this Tuesday... I'll try to get them on Wednesday.

I'm also considering a new muffler, not a whole exhaust though. Just to make a nice hum.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-11-2011, 02:12 AM

Garage
Well, then I'm glad to hear you have more common sense than most. haha, it's refreshing!

As before, good luck.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-13-2011, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Going in for a custom magnaflow exhaust today.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Decided to go with a Bullitt exhaust. Installed along with my new wheels. I like it. Expect pictures once I fix a few things and put in LEDs
post #11 of 11 Old 03-30-2014, 02:29 PM

Garage
Wheres those pictures lol

2013 Jeep Compass
All Season North Edition
All Terrain Tire Pkg
Sun & Sound Pkg
Metallic Silver
4x4 5spd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in