It's been a while
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've posted. I've been trying to focus on graduating high school and applying to colleges recently so I haven't had much time to get on and post, however that doesn't mean I've been ignoring my compass!
I came on this site with the main purpose of getting ideas for "what to do next". I've never had much of an interest in doing major modifications, more appearance typed things. I save all of my engine/performance mods for my BMW 325Ci.
I decided I wanted to do a few things to my compass:
- HID Lights in both headlights and fog lights
- Replace stock antenna with a shorty antenna
- Tint all windows
- Letter inserts for the back bumper
- Tint turn signals in front
- Tint back lights
- Upgrade wheels
- Interior LED bulbs
- License plate LED bulbs
- Tint both back and front Jeep logos
- Paint brake calipers
Since I made that list, I've done the following.
- HID lights are in both headlights and fogs, however the fogs are currently broken due to driving through a flooded road here and causing my ballasts to short out. I'm ordering replacements as I type this.
- Replaced my antenna with a shorty.
- All windows are tinted, I have 5% over stock on the back and 15% on the front two, plus a 5% tint strip on my windshield
- Black letter inserts added to the back bumper
- Front turn signals have 2 layers of vinyl tint over them
- Back lights are tinted to appear as if I have a brush guard over them. My original intent was to just break up the sections of the light, but it came out looking like I had guards over them. Either way I'm happy with them.
- Not planned, but my tinter decided to put a small pin stripe that follows the body line of the car from the front turn signals all the way to the back light. It really breaks up the solid color of the sides of the car, and I'm happy with it.
- Front and back logos tinted
- Painted my break calipers black using G2 kit.
- Air intake modifications to increase HP.
And lastly, the thing I'm most happy about...
I just ordered a new set of Verde Jaggedge 20' wheels along with new Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT XLs to ride on. I'm extremely excited about this as it's by far the most expensive/noticable upgrade to the car I've done so far. I don't know when they'll arrive but the day they do I will be heading to my local mechanic to have them put on.
I'm also looking at interior LEDs, but I'm going to have to talk to my tuner before I decide to buy those. I'm not sure it will be worth the money.
As soon as I have the new tires on I'll be posting pictures!