07 Compass Sport Base - Upgrade(s) + More - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

07 Compass Sport Base - Upgrade(s) + More

I've purchased an 07 Jeep Compass for $13,000 with 42,000 miles. It's a manual and kinda disappointing that its only a 2x4 and Manual. Although I love standard vehicles I wanted an SUV with 4x4 that I didn't have to really manually drive. Nonetheless, I have it now and am doing some mods.

Royal Purple Maxx 5w-20 Used every oil change w/royal purple filter.
Denso Plat. Spark plugs, every 30k.

I've upgraded to the Silver Gauge Cluster for a Patriot. (This will give me the ability for upgrades to the: In-dash Compass, the Temp, Ability to control the drivers settings *lights, horn honk w/keyless ect.., Tire Pressure Settings/readings.) - DONE.

LED - License Plate Illumination - DONE ($12.00/ebay)

Official MOPAR Hard Spoiler Upgrade MOPAR# 82210187AB - ($195.00/ebay) Done

Now I need other Parts to Complete My Upgrades:

TPMS (TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEMS) -
FR- MOPAR PART# 5033334AB (This is the wireless module that reads the TPMS sensor in the front wheels.) (MSRP. $58.75)
RR- MOPAR PART# 56053034AE (This is the wireless module that reads the TEMPS sensor in the rear wheels.) (MSRP. $51.45)
TRANSPONDER LT FR. WIRING 6 WAY WIRING- (x3) - MOPAR PART# 68032364AA (MSRP. $35.85ea) needed to be ran to 3 locations for TMPS.
REC MODULE- MOPAR PART# 5026218AN (MSRP 110.00) This will be installed/replace the standard rec. module in the steering column.

COMPASS MODULE- 4671918AF (MSRP. $85.75)

After all this, I am going to upgrade uconnect with the navigation (latest) and hands free mirror.
Mirror- MOPAR PART# 4806228AB
Mirror Harness- MOPAR PART# 5089051AB Dimming Mirror & Uconnect wires*
Telematics Module (AKA Hands Free Module) Bluetooth MOPAR PART# 5064013AV
factory style hands free cellular system wiring harness MOPAR PART# 6502UC

The K&N Full Air box in being ordered.
K&N FIPK Series Air Intake Filter Kit 57-1552 ($211.00/ebay)

Want to upgrade the Illumination Switches:
Driver's Door Part Number: 04602780AA ($31.00/ebay)
All other doors: 04602787AA (x3) ($3.00)

Halo/projector fog light upgrade (need help/info/prices)

Projector Headlights w/Halo (need help/info/prices)

Optima RedTop®; Battery
VEHICLE: 2007 JEEP COMPASS 2.4L : 144-cid : L4 : GAS
Part Number: 25 (8025-160)

I think a new alternator is needed... (Used to get about 30mpg now im getting a steady 23.3~ and every time I use the windows the lights dim. so I know I need a new batt. hopefully not a new alt. but we'll see.)

Led Upgrade Tail lights (need help/info/prices)

Lexus / PUSH-TO-START (Keyless/Remote Start)
Smart Keyless Entry System +
Push Button Start Module
AK - 104B Universal $349.99

Last edited by altfour; 05-23-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-24-2012, 03:42 AM

Garage
That's a lot of upgrades, IMO doing the TPMS is a bit overboard. I have seen Halo fogs on eBay. People usually add led bulbs to the rear lights. Haven't seen halo headlights.
I upgraded my master window switch with the Charger model but haven't gotten around to the other ones. Where did you find the other ones for $3.

2007 Jeep Compass 4x4 Limited (black)
2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS (blue)
post #3 of 3 Old 05-24-2012, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjr8102 View Post
That's a lot of upgrades, IMO doing the TPMS is a bit overboard. I have seen Halo fogs on eBay. People usually add led bulbs to the rear lights. Haven't seen halo headlights.
I upgraded my master window switch with the Charger model but haven't gotten around to the other ones. Where did you find the other ones for $3.
Thanks so much for your quick reply.
It is a lot of upgrades, but little ones.
I was reading the posts about the SMD LEDS for the rear, but it was confusing, i just want a direct replacement. (the post i read was talking about having a certain ohms and crap) Halo headlights. I haven't found them either. I've read about heating up the light covers and adding the CCL halo's but I want a direct replacement.
The other switches were on ebay who sold authorized mopar parts for ridiculous cheap. Ill see if I have him saved in my listings still. I got the official Mopar rear spoiler for less than 200 bucks, when it retails 400+ easy. It was a great deal.

As for the TPMS I do A LOT of driving. Wheels/tire pressure/road hazards seem to be my life. I average 700mi just in the last 3 days. So saving gas is a must for me. Tire pressure being a great thing to watch rather than my compass and avg. mpg. seems to be a better thing to keep my eye on rather than those =P

I'll let you know how the rest of the upgrades go, I also added Rockford Fosgate 8'' woofers to the premium sound system. Great choice

Anyhow, any questions let me know, ill be willing to take suggestions and better ideas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in