magnaflow exhaust - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

magnaflow exhaust

Does anyone know if they make one for a 2011 2.0 model? If so where can I get it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-04-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert3108 View Post
Does anyone know if they make one for a 2011 2.0 model? If so where can I get it. Thanks
Hi Robert,
We do have a kit in development currently but I do not have an ETA on when it will be available just yet. You can sign up for updates via email by clicking "Check availability" on this page:

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles
post #3 of 11 Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

awesome thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-08-2014, 07:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnaflow View Post
Hi Robert,
We do have a kit in development currently but I do not have an ETA on when it will be available just yet. You can sign up for updates via email by clicking "Check availability" on this page:

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles
You guys put this out yesterday so I was wondering if yall ever came out with with I have a 2014 and if ya did would it work on it also cause I want a smaller one on mine
post #5 of 11 Old 05-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Are you looking for a full catback or just the muffler, I got just the magnaflow muffler and had it tucked up under the rear bumper so it can't be seen. I find that stock muffler rather ugly and sticks out like a sore thumb.

From what I can tell, the only difference between the factory exhaust and the magnaflow catback system is that the magnaflow system does not have the resonator.

I would recommend if you wanted to save money is just go to a local muffler shop and ask about them replacing your muffler, and if you wanted getting rid of the resonator.

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...w-exhaust.html

There is my thread on how I had my exhaust done. It cost my $300

Here is a thread with someone who did the entire cat back

Installed Magnaflow Exhaust on my 2011 Jeep Compass - JeepForum.com

As you can see not a drastic difference. Just checking ebay quickly its about $600 plus shipping for the magnaflow catback exhaust.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #6 of 11 Old 05-09-2014, 05:22 PM

Garage
ya I rember us talking about that and how u did it am looking for a place to go get it now or when planning in near future
post #7 of 11 Old 06-29-2014, 09:02 PM

Garage
whats the diffrence in the full catback what does it do or just changing the muffler
post #8 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Full catback = pipes and muffler from catalytic converter back, basically all the hardware after the catalytic converter to the tail pipe is the catback.

On a 2014 compass the exhaust diameter is 2.5" (2010 and earlier were 2.25") the catback removes the factory resonator, otherwise just changing out the muffler is almost the same as the catback, and a lot cheaper.

The resonator is on there to keep things quiet, I haven't removed mine but i'm sure it would make it a bit louder.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #9 of 11 Old 07-28-2014, 05:48 PM

From my experience (other cars/trucks) some times u need to replace the full exhaust system other just the muffler..

I had a 4 cylinder 2002 honda accord and I remember it was slow on take off so what I did at that time was:
1- CAI
2- Canceled the Cat converter (let's say where Iam living it is legal if you canceled the Cats as long as you pass the emissions test every 3 years)
3- I added an extra stock muffler (dual mufflers just like the V6 model

The result was great for that engine (non vti) I manage to spen the wheel a little on take off on full throttle!

Now back to the compass it is a 4 cylinder!! (2.4 nice size)
What I have seen so far and under stand is what we need is a deep low to medium sound just to get the attention as if this car means business!
And at the same time we could get that get up power we need!

If I was a performance exhaust mani manufacturer I would keep it simple as replacing the Cat-back or muffler by a clean easy way which allow the use of the stock piping (for 2014 models)

But I wish if we can get a high performance Cat converter as a direct replacement!

Last edited by aleisa_az; 07-28-2014 at 05:54 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-06-2015, 03:09 AM

So did you end up upgrading your exhaust ? If so what brand? Do you like the performance ? I'm looking to upgrade my 2014 but not sure what brand? Thanks for your time
post #11 of 11 Old 03-24-2015, 11:41 PM

Yes im very interested in knowing what route you took.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in