Debadged compass - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 09-29-2013, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Debadged compass

Hey guys i have a 2013 compass i want to know if the jeep emblem on the back door and compass on the side doors are held on by adhesion or bolts?

Thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-29-2013, 05:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass_808 View Post
Hey guys i have a 2013 compass i want to know if the jeep emblem on the back door and compass on the side doors are held on by adhesion or bolts?

Thx.
No bolts lol.
But yes adhesion, may have a couple pieces that stick on each end into the car. Therefore when removing the badge there may be a couple holes.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-29-2013, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ahh dam i don't want to chance it.
Thanks for the info. Saved me the trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I removed the 4x4 decals on the back of my 2008 patriot and my 2012 compass and it was just glued on.

I believe the jeep logos on the hood and on the back are just glued on, however I think there is an ever so slight indentation where the decals go (i'm guessing so that when you put them back on you don't have to guess for the placement).
post #5 of 9 Old 09-30-2013, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
I removed the 4x4 decals on the back of my 2008 patriot and my 2012 compass and it was just glued on.

I believe the jeep logos on the hood and on the back are just glued on, however I think there is an ever so slight indentation where the decals go (i'm guessing so that when you put them back on you don't have to guess for the placement).
Cool thanks will be taking the rear jeep emblem off tomorrow and i need mre info on the compass badge b4 i remove them.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
The "compass" badges on the side doors are individual letters, and they are glued on, same as how the patriot is glued on in individual letters on the patriots. You shouldn't find any holes if you take them off the doors.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-05-2013, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
The "compass" badges on the side doors are individual letters, and they are glued on, same as how the patriot is glued on in individual letters on the patriots. You shouldn't find any holes if you take them off the doors.
Yeah i was quite sure they were only glued, usually if the badge is one piece they have holes. Thx a lot now my baby shall be fully debadged. Naked lol
post #8 of 9 Old 11-01-2014, 08:29 PM

Garage
All of the badges are glued on. There is a indentation behind the "jeep" badge on the rear gate, but that is the only place where there is an indentation. My compass was built 4 months ago and there was already some ghosting, but nothing a little polish didn't take care of. I'm having the indentation on the rear gate filled and then repainted.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-10-2019, 09:17 PM

Question Location of the Compass bagdes

Quote:
Would you please send me the position where these badges are placed? I removed unawared before measuring the original location.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in