mods to come.. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 03-20-2007, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

mods to come..

im thinking about powdercoating my 18''s chromies black, i have a black limited...any opinions????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-20-2007, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

wow so today i go on the jeep website and build my own jeep compass, i dont know if anybody already saw this but they have the Rallye package that basically adds on a body kit and black 18''s. anybody else seen this?
post #3 of 10 Old 03-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Administrator

You oughta check out Startechs rendition of the Compass. Can't remember right off hand if they put black rims on it or not, but, either way, pretty cool, dual exhaust, pretty macked out. They should still have the pictures of it on Autoblog.com, under Jeep. Worth a look.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-20-2007, 06:32 PM

compa, saw it, wish i had it......i emailed my dealer to see if some or all can be added to my compass, i have a steel blue one, which is one of the colors listed
post #5 of 10 Old 03-20-2007, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

yeah i saw the startechs compass, it is soo nice..those wheels on it look like the srt10 cherokee wheels...defintely will bring more stares to your car ..and on the factory body kit...it would look so classy on a steel blue compass...even though its a pretty steep price...we should ride out a little more time and hopefully by summer more bodykits would come out....
post #6 of 10 Old 03-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Not bad, for the "lipstick" Compass, huh? Nice rocker panels. Looks interesting, like the exhaust, but some of the panels are not what I would go for myself. I like the bumpers the way they are, but they at least make it look good, without being tacky and stupid looking. So far, that is the only one I have seen, but, as I have said elsewhere, it won't be long before someone else attempts it. What I REALLY wonder, is how long the Compass will actually be in production. After all, they have not even hit close to their mark, and the interest is not as good as they thought it would be coming out of that focus group, where they decided to build the Compass and Patriot. I guess only time will tell, but that might be a factor in the long term as far as what is actually put on the market as far as mods go for the Compass. Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #7 of 10 Old 03-30-2007, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

well, i went to the autoshop and they quoted me for 240 for all four rims, + i have to take the rims off and the wheels, it would come around for like 300 :cry: way to expensive i thought...so i dont know maybe ill put the money for tinting the tail lights and putting some more audio into the car....
post #8 of 10 Old 03-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Sounds like a good bit of money. As for me, I want the luggage rack for the roof, and I will probably get the rally lights for the front, make it look more like the concept. It is kind of difficult to pimp zis auto!

post #9 of 10 Old 04-04-2007, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

i know it is!!! i was wondering if the stock srt 10 cherokee wheels fit on the compass, they are wider but i think it would look sick with the compass' wide fenders
post #10 of 10 Old 04-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Might be worth a try, but it's not like other Jeeps, where they have aftermarket fender flares or something like that, a molding you could attach to the fender to cover that. Even if they did, nothing would fit the body style of this car without, like you said, looking severely odd. It seems they deliberately built the Compass to where the tires completely fill the wheel wells, kind of giving it a squat appearance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in