Skid plates - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By LordReddawg
  • 1 Post By Tyler-98-W68

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Skid plates

I was just thinking is there a way to bring te skid plates from the patriot to the compass or anything along them lines. I was debating on getting the lift kit and possibly looking into doing skid plates and w/e else is needed to make it "trail rated" lol i know it wont be trail rated but it will bring it a little closer right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-05-2010, 05:32 PM

Well from what I am hearing about the suspension problems on the normal road. I would have say with some certainty. You'd be asking for very early tie rod, arms failure due to off road stress. This is not dirt or gravel road driving such as into a cottage or camp site but where no roads are other than your front lawn, LOL that does not count.

The whole system need to be beefier design for an off road rating I am sure even thought there are similarities to the Patriot I am sure the under pinning must have more balls than the compass otherwise it could be trail rated as is.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 10-09-2010, 12:30 AM

Garage
dont let him kill your dreams lol. check out jeeppatriot.com the boys over there are big on modding and lifting. check the compass part of the forum there youll find a couple of lifted ones. i believe its marketing why the compass didnt get "trailrated" and the patriot got the freedom drive system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-09-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
dont let him kill your dreams lol. check out jeeppatriot.com the boys over there are big on modding and lifting. check the compass part of the forum there youll find a couple of lifted ones. i believe its marketing why the compass didnt get "trailrated" and the patriot got the freedom drive system.
And we got the screwed up suspension and rack and pinion system. OMG where has engineering gone to. I might to back to a 15 year old SUV fix it and drive it until the ground falls apart. Yeap ground not vehicle.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #5 of 15 Old 10-10-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

well would you thin i could do at least the skid plates? do you think they would be able to be brought over from the patriot not so much everything else b/c im sure it would get pretty expensive...i just want a little something under it for a little piece of mind
post #6 of 15 Old 10-14-2010, 02:22 AM

Garage
If you're interested I have the entire installation procedure for the skid plates including part numbers.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #7 of 15 Old 10-14-2010, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

that would be great if you could do that for me will they work on the compass?
post #8 of 15 Old 10-14-2010, 07:15 PM

Garage
Yeah, there is a slight modification to do but they bolt on the same as the patriot. I'll PM you, the file is too large to post on here.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #9 of 15 Old 01-02-2011, 07:25 AM

Smokey, could you send the installation procedure to me as well? I'm looking at adding the skid plates on for a little extra protection just in case.
post #10 of 15 Old 05-26-2011, 03:24 PM

Garage
Can you send it to me also please

Jeep Compass 2008 Manuel
16x8 Unique Series 42, +12 offset with Goodyear UltraGrip Ice 235/60/16
DynoMAX custom dual-exit catback
Mopar spoiler and tail light guard
post #11 of 15 Old 08-04-2011, 11:56 PM

First of all with some homework, and an average paycheck the jeep compass can handle its offroading. It may not be able to go climbing mountains, but whoever would want to put there compass through that has other problems. But to answer your original question. Leeparts.com sells skidplates for the compass. I am not sure what years, but either way it goes skidplates should be very easy to modify to fit your car. I am definitely going for it.
post #12 of 15 Old 07-13-2015, 04:52 AM

Garage
so whats the verdict does anyone have skid plates or not and do they help?
post #13 of 15 Old 07-13-2015, 06:40 AM

Garage
Yes there are so and It depends on what u want to do for me I like to go driving on trails and stuff for camping and fishing so they will coming in handy for stones and tree stumps and dirt mounts that Wil Crack and brake the plastic splash guard that are on the non FDI I compass
Here's the link for the skid and gas tank Engine/Transmission Skid Plate - Jeep Patriot - Item # 5105236AB #MKEngineSkidPlate-ship
jaketsnake likes this.
post #14 of 15 Old 07-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Depends if you offroad and smash the underside of your vehicle...........if you do and the skidplates are there, you don't break anything. I have them I offroad the hell out of my jeep and they are well worth it. even if you don't offroad they offer good protection from any debris that could be kicked up on the road.
jaketsnake likes this.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #15 of 15 Old 07-19-2015, 03:59 AM

Garage
I just came across a web site called asfir.com they also have a skid plate they claim "quality 1/4 inch thick 5052 aluminum" anyone have experience with or even heard of them?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in