Billet Grille Grill Inserts. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 25 Old 10-30-2010, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Billet Grille Grill Inserts.

So i've been looking around ebay for some Compass stuff and I came across this! It's 60 bones for a set and looks pretty cool. Might be a little upgrade from the "chrome trim grille mod". What do YOU think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg compass.jpg (44.4 KB, 122 views)

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 10-31-2010, 01:36 AM

Garage
Pretty cool! But to me its about the same effect as the chrome trim mod. Now, if you went with a Billet mesh in black or ss/chrome... that is definitely an upgrade!

2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 2.4L, Black Pearl, CVTII.
post #3 of 25 Old 10-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Administrator

I like it, would definitely look good on your Compass OTW! Not a bad price, either, course the mesh is a cool idea, too!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 12-03-2010, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

So I recieved the inserts in the mail yesterday and from what I see it won't be that hard of an install. They look very nice! Hope to get them installed somtime in the next two weeks. I have to worry about Finals first. -_-

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
post #5 of 25 Old 12-04-2010, 04:03 AM
Administrator

Cool! Can't wait to see them on your Compass, but good luck with your finals first!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #6 of 25 Old 12-04-2010, 12:45 PM

Garage
Looks a lot like what can be done with less than $20 of chrome door trimming.
Maybe better quality? but same appearance.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #7 of 25 Old 12-05-2010, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

I just wanted a step up. These have five pieces per insert instead of three and are a little better looking I think. Plus the ones that I had from the "20 dollar" mod are kinda warping off in the cold winter. I have no complains about the "20 dollar" mod, just wanted something more ......... permanent if that makes sense.

post #8 of 25 Old 12-09-2010, 11:52 AM

Garage
Well they really do look great.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #9 of 25 Old 12-10-2010, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Well finally getting some time to play with them this weekend. So hopefully everything goes smooth and I can get some pics up before long.

I also bought the bumper piece that I have been looking for. If I would of bought both in a bundle it would of cost 127.00 but I bought them seperate at 60.00 per set .... now isn't a bundle suppose to have some kind of deal? You're paying 7 dollars more for the bundle ..... WTH! Anyway the bottom bumper piece is on the way and should have the complete grille done within the next couple weeks. Standby for pictures!

post #10 of 25 Old 12-12-2010, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

OK! To any of you that are paying attention to this thread here's what you've been waiting for .... maybe.

Starting the install out really sucked because I had to get the old plastic grille out first. Which included taking some of the engine plastic off. The old plastic grille can easily be taken off with a hammer and crowbar :P So after i got that out the install was fairly easy. Just tightening the clamps on the inside of the bumper and WALAH! Anyway the finished product looks great. Total install time was 2 hours but if I did it again it would only take me a little over an hour probably. Getting the old plastic grille off was the bulk of the time I think.

Sorry that I don't have pictures yet but I am waiting for the bumper piece and then I will show the final overall look!

P.S = If anyone needs a better description of the install private messege me.

Last edited by OffTheWoll; 12-12-2010 at 04:47 AM.
post #11 of 25 Old 12-12-2010, 09:55 PM

Garage
When I first read this thread I thought WT?. Whats wrong with the mod shown on this forum, (which I copied), but then I realised there were more slats chromed and I thought, ...........I Like........very nice.

In Ireland this
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheWoll View Post
hammer and crowbar
is called "the gentle persuader"!

Raff
post #12 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Haha yeah. The 20 dollar mod is a cheap way to get it done and works very well for the look. These just make it look more professional and it's more .... durable in inclimate weather (My 20 dollar mod started warping off). And when I get the bumper grille it will be looking EXTRA sweet. Can't wait to show some pics of it.

post #13 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Ooooooh, when I clicked on this thread I was looking for pics lol, but cool OTW, I like your use of chrome trim on your Compass, can't wait to see the finished product!

- Cherokee

post #14 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Ok so I just gave in and took some pictures. I know some of you might be waiting for them! So Merry Christmas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0541.jpg (95.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0545.jpg (95.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0544.jpg (95.1 KB, 42 views)

post #15 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Very nice, thanks for the pics! Looks like a perfect, almost tight fit there, I really like it! Reps to ya and Merry Christmas to you, too!

- Cherokee

post #16 of 25 Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

They are a tight fit but I think that's what makes em look good. I just can't wait to get the bumper insert! Then I might actually have to wash the Compass before I take the pics :P

post #17 of 25 Old 12-16-2010, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Just letting everyone know that I should be getting the bottom bumper grille in the mail tomorrow .. hopefully I can have that on the Compass by this weekend.. Friday hopefully.

post #18 of 25 Old 01-09-2011, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Well I should be getting some pics up this afternoon with the inserts all in. Sorry the holidays were kind of a crazy time. 13 inches of snow and family kept all my time. Anyway for those of you waiting or holding your breathe I will be posting them later today hopefully! New Deck tomorrow as well!

post #19 of 25 Old 01-09-2011, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Finally got a picture for you guys! And it's snowing again! But hope you all like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00113.jpg (90.0 KB, 36 views)

post #20 of 25 Old 01-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Administrator

VERY NICE!!!! Looks awesome and your Compass looks great in the snow, thanks for the pic and nice job on the mod! I can't rep ya yet, but when I can again I owe ya!

- Cherokee

post #21 of 25 Old 01-09-2011, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Haha thanks. I love the way it turned out.

post #22 of 25 Old 01-10-2011, 10:38 AM

Garage
http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...1&d=1294655776

That looks gooooood
Attached Images
File Type: gif action-smiley-035[1].gif (1.0 KB, 150 views)
post #23 of 25 Old 01-10-2011, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks raff!

post #24 of 25 Old 01-11-2011, 12:00 PM

looks really good, but it does seem very tight. does it rub the paint at all?
post #25 of 25 Old 01-13-2011, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks NorthSport. It's tight but the thing is you can ajust them to fit how you want them to ... They don't rub at all. And they are on pretty tight. The grills have the screw holes that get tightened to a u-clamp that secures behind the bumper. Hope you can imagine that .. but yeah it's actually a pretty easy install.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in